Coater Operator 'TEKRA' 1st Shift
Responsible for the efficient operation of the coating machine and the quality of the products produced. This is a 1st shift position.
- Check quality and quantity of all raw materials being processed against work orders to assure
- the proper material is being run.
- Set up and operate the coating machine according to O.C.S. Sheet and in cooperation with the Senior Coater Operator.
- Mix chemicals use per ISO instructions.
- Check all running conditions per set up sheet and report any discrepancy.
- Fill out necessary paperwork for the job run and check for accuracy of materials used, Coatings, base stock, etc.
- Perform minor maintenance or repairs to the coating machines.
- Maintain white room/cleanroom conditions at all times within the Coating Production area by
- Way of machine cleaning and general housekeeping, i.e. floor mopping, sweeping, tacky Mats, etc.
- Stage raw stock or process material to their proper locations within the Coating Production area.
- Check various inventories needed in daily operations and advise the supervisor if low and
- Needed, i.e. gloves, blades, shop towels, etc.
- Follow all safety procedures and be responsible for the safety of everyone working on the
- Equipment or mixing room in the Coating Production area, including himself/herself.
- Report all problems associated with the operation, equipment and materials being processed to the Shift Supervisor or the Senior Coater Operator.
- Perform any and all duties as directed by the Shift Supervisor or the Senior Coater Operator.
- Ability to read and comprehend basic documents.
- Ability to add and subtract, multiply and divide to calculate measurements.
- Ability to compute rates, ratio, percent and interpret bar graphs and other charts and apply to practical situations.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to interpret and carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram or schedule form.
- Accurate and attentive to detail
- Mechanical aptitude and skills
- Organizational skills
- Problem solving/troubleshooting skills
- Time management skills
- Works well in a team setting
- High School Diploma
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.