IT Senior Developer, ESB
About Genuine Parts Company
Imagine going to work every day knowing that you’re part of something special; part of something that matters and that makes a real difference. Imagine working for a company whose reputation for excellence paves the way for more success. Imagine being part of a winning team where people don’t just work ‘jobs’, they build long-lasting, highly-satisfying careers.
Genuine Parts Company (GPC) has risen to the top of our industry by understanding the needs of those we serve – our customers and our employees – and then working hard, and smart, to meet those needs.
The true source of that success is the effort, commitment and intelligence of our nearly 40,000 employees. Across all of our business units, in locations worldwide, the people of GPC have diverse backgrounds and talents. But it’s what we share that makes us unique.
The position of Senior ESB (Enterprise Service Bus) Developer is responsible for development and support of an application utilized for integrating disparate systems across the enterprise. This position facilitates solutions between the business and IT support groups, defines requirements and enables the creation of value-added IT integration solutions. The position provides technical project support during scoping, design, testing, and implementation and will be responsible for first level troubleshooting, assessments, prioritization and resolution of IT production issues after implementation. Integration knowledge of interfacing mechanisms, TIBCO, and EAI (Enterprise Application Integration) with an understanding of the business requirements and strategies is required.
- Assure business and technical architecture aligns with the customer’s functional and non-functional requirements.
- Participate in the design and planning of projects in conjunction with the external partners, other IT, and business users.
- Design, development and unit test of integration solutions between disparate systems.
- Document interface design.
- Monitor, support and maintain interface applications.
- Manage support tickets by interfacing with both internal and external development staff members.
- Provide development guidance to other development personnel for standards compliance and for performance and efficiency through code reviews and design sessions.
- Participate in all phases of the ESB development lifecycle, including unit testing and ongoing support.
- Deliver end-to-end high quality solutions.
- BS or BA degree in a related field required, unless there is significant, relevant work experience.
- Five or more years’ experience in Enterprise Integration.
- Experience in Service Oriented Architecture (SOA) implementation leveraging Enterprise Integration design patterns.
- Working knowledge with Microservice implementation practices
- Working knowledge of DevOps / Agile methodologies
- Experience with the TIBCO development suite of products or with similar and relevant integration development tools.
- Experience working with multiple teams within the enterprise.
- Solid, quantifiable experience in advanced SQL techniques.
- Preferred experience in UNIX shell scripting.
- Preferred working knowledge of Cassandra or other NoSQL database technologies.
- Experienced with development of SOAP / REST based web services for both internal and external consumers.
- Strong background in full lifecycle development using multiple platforms or languages.
- Ability to interact with Management and Software Developers.
- Ability to interact at a technical and non-technical level with Infrastructure, Network, Development, BA and QA teams.
- System architecture and development experience in a high transaction/high availability systems.
- Excellent communication skills (both verbal and written), including facilitation and team leadership skills
- Proven ability to provide strong problem solving skills.
- Must be self-motivated and know when to seek guidance
- Must be flexible, be able to change priorities quickly, and handle multiple tasks concurrently
- Individual must be a self-starter and capable of working independently as well as part of a team
- Capable of learning new tools and technologies.
- Capable of working independently and in a team.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.