- Automotive Group
- Industrial Group
- Career Areas
- Working Here
- Social Impact
- Students & Grads
Genuine Parts Company (“GPC” or the “Company”), founded in 1928 and based in Atlanta, Georgia, is a leading distributor of automotive and industrial replacement parts and value-added services. The Company operates a global portfolio of businesses with more than 10,000 locations across the world. GPC has approximately 50,000 global employees. The Company has operations in the United States, Canada, Mexico, Australia, New Zealand, Indonesia, Singapore, France, the U.K., Germany, Poland, the Netherlands, Belgium, Spain and China.
Seeking world-class talent to join the world’s leading distributor of automotive and industrial replacement parts and value-added services operating 5,500+ locations and servicing more than 20,000 locations in the U.S and Canada. Specifically, this role will function as the Distinguished Engineer in Supply Chain designing, creating, and building innovative solutions at GPC. Working with a highly talented team, you will play a key role to build and run one of the world’s largest automotive and industrial replacement parts operations.
Distinguished Engineers are deep technical experts and thought leaders in one or more industry areas. They represent the senior technical leadership within the company and have a track record in delivering solutions that apply the very best engineering practices. As a Distinguished Engineer, you will shape the future direction of the company by championing opportunities to improve the wider landscape. In collaborating with other senior leaders, partners and vendors you will influence the wider technology roadmap. Along the way you will mentor, grow and develop others to build upon your success.
• Develop architecture and systems that meet customer needs
• Works with the wider organization and enterprise to build the future vision for Supply Chain Technology
• Works with vendor and partners to plan, build and implement critical tooling and platforms.
• Builds new tools and technologies, weighs trade-ups, options and drive a common direction.
• Owns the technology roadmap for Supply Chain Technology
• Provide program management leadership to supply chain initiatives serving as both a technical advisor and project execution expert to ensure on-time and on-budget delivery of initiatives
• Directs the design, architecture and path for technology systems, platforms and usage across the technology and business organization.
• Stays in front of technology and leads the path for usage within teams.
• Coach, mentor and pair with other domain experts and team members
• Lead through connected conversations and create a wide sphere of influence
• Drives thought leaders and innovation in the company
• Reviews, documents and ensures all technical governance and change control is adhered to.
• Leads and participates in wider review boards to drive consistency in technology decisions and choices.
• Provide an escalation point for teams facing extremely complex technical challenges
• Links teams across the organization who are facing similar challenges to enable consistent solutions
• Provides analysis of security protection technologies as necessary
• Provides technical leadership and guidance to staff engineers and the technical team within a domain and across domains
• Other duties as assigned
• 10+ years of experience in software engineering
• Industry recognition or significant expertise within the Supply Chain space
• Experience with package software supply chain solutions and/or building custom solutions in the following areas Order Mgmt, Demand, Forecasting, Inventory, warehouse and transportation.
• Experience building microservices
• Experience breaking down Monolithic architectures into microservices via Domain Driven Design
• Experience developing on cloud platforms such as AWS, GCP, and Azure
• Degree in Computer Science or Engineering fields or relevant demonstrated work experience.
• Mastery of vision, problem solving, innovation and distilling simple actionable solutions
• Excellent communication skills (both verbal and written), including facilitation and team leadership skills
• Must be self-motivated and know when to seek guidance
• Must be flexible, be able to change priorities quickly, and handle multiple tasks concurrently
• Capable of learning new tools and technologies.
• Capable of effectively leading multiple teams, working independently, and or being part of a team.
GPC conducts its business without regard to sex, race, creed, color, religion, marital status, national origin, citizenship status, age, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, disability, military status, status as a veteran, or any other protected characteristic. GPC's policy is to recruit, hire, train, promote, assign, transfer and terminate employees based on their own ability, achievement, experience and conduct and other legitimate business reasons.