Content Data Analyst
Support North American Catalog content to drive omnichannel sales efforts. Integrate new data sets and initiatives to encourage friction-less look-up and sale of GPC products. Collaborates with technology development and project teams to refine, adapt, and apply data models. Works with business representatives to define and implement the new business processes and systems impacted by GPC Content analytics efforts. Monitors and maintains all catalog content aspects of designated GPC items.
Position Performance Measures:
The primary duties and responsibilities of a Content Data Analyst are listed, but not limited to the following:
- Analyze item attribute and specification content from suppliers by ensuring the validity and accuracy of data.
- Use discretion and independent judgment as it relates to GPC Suppliers adhering to GPC Data Standards.
- Responsible for rejection and follow up of GPC Supplier data in cases where:
- Data does not adhere to GPC standards
- Data presents a liability to NAPA, GPC, NAPA Auto Parts Stores, or their customers.
- Data presents a risk in lost sales to NAPA, GPC, NAPA Auto Parts Stores or their customers.
- Responsible for managing the relationship with GPC Suppliers from a GPC product content perspective to protect the Supplier as well as GPC (and downstream customers) from false or inaccurate data that could cause ill-will, liability issues, or potential lost sales.
- Create and validate product attributes and ensure product attributes follow the GPC Attribute Standards.
- Ensures common product attributes between multiple GPC Suppliers are consistent.
- Provides analytics to the business management on the following:
- Missing content, asset management, item type comparisons
- Must be proficient in MS Excel, Word, and can learn to work in the GPC Catalog PIM (Product Information System).
- Must be willing to travel in the United States, Mexico, and Canada.
- Be willing to represent the company (GPC) in a professional and courteous manner in all dealings with GPC suppliers, employees of GPC, and customers of GPC.
- Drive efficiency and effectiveness through innovative process and techniques
- Willing to perform other related tasks as directed by management.
Routine Tasks and Processes Include:
- Emails (respond to all emails within 2 business days)
- Review, validate, and load attribute files as they come are received
- Review, validate, and respond to discrepancies as they are received
- Answer Category Manager and supplier inquiries
- Review supplier websites for content variations
- Images, Attributes, Features & Benefits
- Set attributes for item types.
- Order, required, navigation sequence.
- Publish attributes for item types.
- Facilitate and support new number additions
- Provide quality assurance checks on customer facing sites
- Review and communicate supplier score cards.
- Review, validate, and approve discrepancies.
- Facilitate Category Reviews with appropriate contacts
- Facilitate and participate in supplier meetings
- Review score card trend report for designated product categories
Experience, Education, and Abilities:
- Four-year college degree or equivalent work experience required
- 2+ years’ work experience in the automotive and/or heavy-duty vehicle sector (retail store, repair shop, manufacturing) is a plus
- 2+ years’ experience in automotive standards “ACES” and “PIES”
- Knowledge of MS Office suite
- Bilingual (English/French or English/Spanish) is a plus
- Strong abilities in data exploration, data manipulation, and data visualization.
- Working knowledge of Snowflake data cloud platform, SQL, Adobe Analytics, and STEP (PIM) is a plus
- Automotive enthusiasm a plus.
- Work is performed in a typical office environment.
GPC conducts its business without regard to sex, race, creed, color, religion, marital status, national origin, citizenship status, age, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, disability, military status, status as a veteran, or any other protected characteristic. GPC's policy is to recruit, hire, train, promote, assign, transfer and terminate employees based on their own ability, achievement, experience and conduct and other legitimate business reasons.