Over the Road Truck Driver CDL-A, Private Fleet (Weekends home)
NAPA/RMDS – wants you to help keep America running! We are currently seeking professional Class A CDL Tractor Trailer Drivers. We operate as a private truck fleet with late model tractors and equipment wtih terminals in GA, IA, IN, MD, NC and TN.
NAPA/RMDS is part of Genuine Parts Company, a highly successful, diversified Fortune 200 company and the worldwide leader in the distribution of automotive and industrial replacement parts, office products, and electrical/electronic materials. Fortune Magazine ranked GPC as 6th on the list of “World’s Most Admired Companies” in 2017.
We offer competitive pay that includes:
- Quarterly Safety Bonus
- Actual Hub miles
- Drop and Hook
- Working and detention
- Breakdown pay and more
Company Benefits include:
- Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance
- Paid Life Insurance for employee
- Company match 401K
- 10 Paid Holidays plus vacation and personal days
- Company paid short-term and long term disability
- And more!
The primary function of the Over the Road Driver is to operate various tractor-trailer combinations between company/customer facilities, terminals, yards or work sites in order to pick up, transport and deliver freight in a safe, timely and efficient manner. As part of this function, OTR Drivers drop, hook, spot or otherwise interchange equipment for loading or unloading at various locations under varied conditions. OTR Drivers are subject to the Hours of Service Regulations of the United States Department of Transportation.
- Perform all duties in accordance with company policies and procedures, and comply with all federal, state, and local regulations for the secure and safe operation of a commercial motor vehicle (CMV)
- Understands and carries out instructions given orally and in writing, including those on manifests, bills of lading and other shipping documents to determine the location and time of delivery
- Safely operate tractor trailer equipment in different configurations as assigned, with varying weights as allowed by law, under all types of climatic conditions, terrain, road conditions and traffic situations, in urban and rural settings, either direct or by way of other intermediate points, in accordance with all federal, state and local laws and regulations as well as company policy
- Frequently communicates with Dispatch/Operations, in person or by way of QualComm, or telephone, in order to advise of movements, problems with equipment, cargo, delays, etc.
- 2 years CDL experience
- Hazmat Certification
- Basic knowledge of computer/communication devices are preferred. This includes the ability to navigate using a tablet, notebook, iPad, laptop, etc. as well as experience with personal email.
- Be at least 23 years of age
GPC believes the fair and equitable treatment of employees, customers, suppliers and other persons is critical to fulfilling its vision and goals. GPC conducts its business without regard to sex, race, creed, color, religion, marital status, national origin, age, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability, military status, status as a veteran, or any other protected characteristic. GPC’s policy is to recruit, hire, train, promote, assign, transfer and terminate employees based on their own ability, achievement, experience and conduct and other legitimate business reasons.