IT Pulse Front-End Developer
The Front-End Developer role is responsible for designs and development of the User Interface (UI) for a multidisciplinary technical team. The role will focus on designing and delivering high quality UI solutions while working both as an individual contributor and a team player. This role will be responsible for delivering UI designs and documentation that conform to industry best practices and satisfy business and technical requirements and sharing knowledge and work products with other members of the team. This role is a development team member and must have the ability to collaborate and work effectively with all members of the development team as well as individuals from our business teams.
- Provide subject-matter guidance and expertise regarding UI development tools
- Build functional and useful front-end applications that follow established best practices and coding standards
- Lead the team through learning and knowledge sharing sessions
- Review, test, and approve designs and code of other team members
- Provide work estimates to meet business application requirements
- Collaborate with product owners and business team members on clarification and refinement of requirements
- Provide regular updates and appropriate details of assigned work
- Troubleshoot and debug application defects and desired changes
- Provide guidance and share previous experiences to other team members
Experience, Education, and Abilities:
- BS or BA in Computer Science, a related field, or relevant/equivalent work experience
- 5+ years of front-end design and development experience
- 5+ years of application development experience using languages in the “Java family”
- Subject-matter expertise in the design and support of high-transaction / high-availability systems
- 3+ years in an environment working with large datasets
- Experience collaborating with a distributed team environment
- Experience working and collaborating with the user community on UI designs and workflows
- Excellent communication skills
- Experience working in Oracle/relational database environment
- Experience in Agile and Kanban environments
- Experience with RESTful Services and APIs
- Working knowledge of Git/version control
- Excellent testing and debugging skills
- Excellent problem-solving and communication skill
- Other duties as assigned.
- Work performed in a typical office environment.
- Travels up to 10% of the time.
Where permitted by applicable law, successful applicants must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 prior to start date. COVID-19 vaccination is a condition of employment, subject to an approved accommodation, and proof of vaccination will be required on or prior to start date.
GPC conducts its business without regard to sex, race, creed, color, religion, marital status, national origin, citizenship status, age, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, disability, military status, status as a veteran, or any other protected characteristic. GPC's policy is to recruit, hire, train, promote, assign, transfer and terminate employees based on their own ability, achievement, experience and conduct and other legitimate business reasons.