The Senior Architect, Store Systems will be responsible for development of NAPA’s next generation store system. This individual will be part of a team that provides Back Office and POS functionality in a whole-store technology solution serving the entire user community of over 6,700 stores in the U.S. and Canada. In this role, the Sr. Architect is responsible for understanding back office (ordering, receiving, pricing, customer maintenance, etc.) system functionality and underlying architecture. The individual will work with Product Owners, Team Leads, Architects, developers and the Business to provide a best in class solution for NAPA stores.
- Eight or more years’ experience in software engineering.
- Experience Unix/Linux and Shell Scripting
- Experience with Core Java
- Experience with Continuous Integration tools like Jenkins
- Ability to interact at a technical and non-technical level with Infrastructure, Network, Development, BA and QA teams.
- Strong background in full lifecycle development using multiple platforms or languages.
- Experience working in Agile/Lean environments and cross-functional product teams.
- Experience with XP Programming practices such as TDD and Paired Programming
- Experience with the following technologies: Kubernetes, SpringBoot, Angular, Kafka, Docker
- Experience with SQL and NOSQL datasources
- Experience building microservices
- Experience breaking down Monolithic architectures into microservices via Domain Driven Design
- Experience developing on Microsoft Azure
- Maintain, develop and support non-prod and production systems
- Ability to coach, mentor and pair with other team members on best practices
- Helps define and adheres to team working agreements
- Participates in all phases of the integration development lifecycle, including unit testing and ongoing support
Experience, Education, and Abilities:
- Excellent communication skills (both verbal and written), including facilitation and team leadership skills
- Proven ability to provide strong problem-solving skills.
- Must be self-motivated and know when to seek guidance
- Must be flexible, be able to change priorities quickly, and handle multiple tasks concurrently
- Individual must be a self-starter and capable of working independently as well as part of a team
- Capable of learning new tools and technologies.
- Capable of working independently and in a team.
Where permitted by applicable law, successful applicants must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 prior to start date. COVID-19 vaccination is a condition of employment, subject to an approved accommodation, and proof of vaccination will be required on or prior to start date.
GPC conducts its business without regard to sex, race, creed, color, religion, marital status, national origin, citizenship status, age, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, disability, military status, status as a veteran, or any other protected characteristic. GPC's policy is to recruit, hire, train, promote, assign, transfer and terminate employees based on their own ability, achievement, experience and conduct and other legitimate business reasons.