Director of Strategic Pricing & Administration
Summary: This position will focus on the development and implementation of pricing strategies primary goal of margin improvement, while remaining competitive and customer focused and improving market share. This individual will work closely with the merchandising, marketing, finance and sales groups to develop a clear understanding of the current pricing structure. Working with this cross-functional group the Director of Strategic Pricing Analytics will develop and recommend pricing strategies and tactics that effectively control the pricing process, as well as improve the overall profitability of The Company. Additionally, this position will oversee the production of all price files, systems interfaces, and other processes necessary for the production and maintenance of The Company’s price files and related data.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Working with merchandising, marketing and sales, as well as upper Management, will maintain and communicate a clear understanding of the current pricing process and philosophy of the Company.
- Work with the analytics team within the department to understand and use the systems and programs available, work with them and support their efforts to provide actionable data and reports to the field and Management.
- Assist others within the department to fully understand the systems, interfaces, constraints and processes that contribute to the production of all price files.
- Understand the competitive market conditions that affect pricing and provide ongoing analysis of those shifting conditions and their impact on margins and sales.
- Continually identify opportunities for margin enhancement. Develop models to illustrate price performance and areas for price and margin opportunity and improvement while also maintaining and improving market share.
- Effectively utilize Pros Analytics to evaluate margin within S.P. Richards.
- Make recommendations for pricing changes that result in new approaches to pricing gains and streamlines the process to improve efficiency and customer service.
- Successfully influence and manage internal relationships to achieve the agreed to price and margin objectives.
- Participate in the development of the pricing strategy on a quarterly basis. Implement the pricing strategy, developing processes and methodologies that support the strategy and the constituents that influence pricing.
- Lead the members of the contract production team, constantly work to improve processes, production and implementation of contracts, and work with other departments to insure all pricing related files are produced accurately and on time, regardless of circumstances and obstacles.
- Responsible for cost management including direct communication with Manufacturers, analyzing, implementing and maintaining standard list, cost, and promotional cost.
- Work with the field to educate them and insure their understanding, and proper implementation, of the Company’s contracts and strategies.
· Develop a continuous improvement process that provides ongoing review and assessment of the pricing strategy, production and availability of all files and contracts, and allows for improved margin opportunity.
- Manage the Pros relationship from the Strategic Pricing Department’s perspective.
- Working with VP of Strategic Pricing, oversee the price points on selected standard contracts, consumer matrices and bids.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Highly analytical with a track record of developing and implementing pricing strategies in a complex business environment, preferably consumer products.
- Proven ability to develop and understand pricing models with the ability to extract the information and data that influences pricing decisions
- Track record of developing improved means of identifying areas for price adjustment and margin improvement
- Proven track record of developing pricing strategies in a complex and competitive market
- Experience in analyzing competitive market conditions as it pertains to pricing decisions and opportunities
- Experience in a high sku environment
- Track record of developing and communicating strategic initiatives to all levels of management.
- Proven project management skills with strong implementation track record and a disciplined and process oriented approach
- Experience in a matrixed environment with the proven ability to influence and develop consensus
- Strong work ethic
- Customer focused (internal and external) – always staying in touch with the customer and their needs
- Confident coupled with humility
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Strong team orientation with ability to work collaboratively and influence across the organization
· Open minded with ability to listen and learn
- Possess personal drive, self-motivation, and takes initiative to meet all deadlines and produce accurate, quality contracts and analysis.
A Bachelor's degree in marketing or finance is required. An MBA is highly preferred. At least 5 years of experience in the field of pricing.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit and use hands to finger, handle, or feel. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; reach with hands and arms and talk and hear. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, and ability to adjust focus.
This position requires up to 15% of travel.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.