NAPA/RMDS Class A CDL City Driver (Monday - Friday | Home evenings)
The primary function of the City Driver is to operate various tractor-trailer combinations within 100 miles of the terminal between company/customer facilities, terminals, yards or work sites in order to pickup, transport and deliver freight in a safe, timely and efficient manner. As part of this function, City Drivers drop, hook, spot or otherwise interchange equipment for loading or unloading at various locations under varied conditions. City Drivers are subject to the Hours of Service Regulations of the United States Department of Transportation.
- Perform all duties in accordance with company policies and procedures, and comply with all federal, state, and local regulations for the secure and safe operation of a commercial motor vehicle (CMV)
- Understands and carries out instructions given orally and in writing, including those on manifests, bills of lading and other shipping documents to determine the location and time of delivery
- Safely operate tractor trailer equipment in different configurations as assigned, with varying weights as allowed by law, under all types of climatic conditions, terrain, road conditions and traffic situations, in urban and rural settings, for extended periods of time, over long distances, either direct or by way of other intermediate points, in accordance with all federal, state and local laws and regulations as well as company policy
- Frequently communicates with Dispatch/Operations, in person or by way of QualComm, or telephone, in order to advise of movements, problems with equipment, cargo, delays, etc.
- 2 years CDL experience
- Hazmat Certification
- Basic knowledge of computer/communication devices are preferred. This includes the ability to navigate using a tablet, notebook, iPad, laptop, etc. as well as experience with personal email.
- Be at least 23 years of age
GPC conducts its business without regard to sex, race, creed, color, religion, marital status, national origin, citizenship status, age, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, disability, military status, status as a veteran, or any other protected characteristic. GPC's policy is to recruit, hire, train, promote, assign, transfer and terminate employees based on their own ability, achievement, experience and conduct and other legitimate business reasons.