IT Engineer III, DevOps
The DevOps Engineer III is responsible for helping design, build and manage tools and solutions driving the automation platform for GPC Shared Services. The DevOps Engineer will build and test code and tools that automate key processes for managing the infrastructure supported by the team. The DevOps Engineer will manage and support the server environment and tools that support the automation processes. The DevOps Engineer will help set the standards and provide problem escalation and support.
- Primary support of Puppet Enterprise environment, including development, testing, and support of Puppet processes and modules
- Development, testing and support of VMware vRealize blueprints and processes
- Work with ServiceNow support team on integrations between ServiceNow and DevOps tools
- Support GitLab internal environment for code management and continuous integration
- Work with architecture and engineering teams to develop standards on automation tools
- Work with all infrastructure and app support teams on how automation tools can be used and deploying solutions for those use cases
- Experience overseeing (from a technical perspective) multiple projects
- Document and follow all change control procedures
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience
- 3+ years of experience in administration and engineering of systems, databases and networks
- 3+ years of experience in Linux system administration with advanced knowledge of installations, performance-tuning, security, and shell scripting.
- 3+ years of experience with infrastructure automation tools (such as Puppet, Docker, Ansible, Chef)
- 2+ years of experience with DevOps, Continuous Integration and Delivery (tools such as Git, GitLab, Jenkins)
- 2+ years of hands on development experience with Puppet modules
- 2+ years experience supporting and developing blueprints in VMware vRealize Automation 6.x or greater
- 3+ years experience in scripting (Bash/Shell/PowerCLI/Powershell/Ruby/Python)
- Excellent technical documentation and communication skills with the ability to articulate business requirements into new technologies
- Familiar with server and datacenter infrastructure implementation and operations management
- Demonstrated strong analytical skills and technical problem-solving skills
- Strong customer service skills with high level of professionalism
- Self-motivated and can work with minimal supervision
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.