- Automotive Group
- Industrial Group
- Career Areas
- Working Here
- Social Impact
- Students & Grads
Procurement Product Analyst - Bearings & PT
Procurement Product Analyst
The Procurement Product Analyst provides technical guidance and support to the various teams in the Procurement and Inventory departments of Motion Corporate. This role will be engaged with management, internal departments, and suppliers for the purpose of analyzing and comparing product groups, interchanges, and new competitive opportunities on behalf of Motion. The Procurement Product Analyst uses industry expertise and in-depth knowledge of Motion's supply chain to ensure cost-effective procurement.
Motion offers an excellent benefits package which includes options for healthcare coverage, 401(k), tuition reimbursement, vacation, sick, and holiday pay.
• Works with various departments to make brand alignment recommendations.
• Performs comparative analysis on designated interchangeable products.
• Identifies interchange options for inventory and fulfillment opportunities.
• Identifies competitive advantages of new product offerings.
• Determines quality equivalencies across brands of like products.
• Identifies opportunities for sourcing from Strategic Suppliers to replace “tail spend” through third party suppliers.
• Documents the features and benefits of products and services.
• Prepares cost-benefit analysis reports for review by managers.
• Documents processes and generates various monthly reports.
• Monitors supplier raw material markets to avoid supply shortages.
• Remains abreast of vendor and supplier-related activities in the industry.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
• Typically requires a bachelor's degree in Business or a related field and three (3) to five (5) years of related experience in the sales and/or application of relevant products or an equivalent combination.
• Proficient in electronic analytical software and reporting platforms.
• Strong analytical skills.
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
• Ability to work independently, as well as within a team.
• Comfortable in a dynamic work environment.
• Demonstrates diligence working toward the completion of large, complex projects.
GPC conducts its business without regard to sex, race, creed, color, religion, marital status, national origin, citizenship status, age, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, disability, military status, status as a veteran, or any other protected characteristic. GPC's policy is to recruit, hire, train, promote, assign, transfer and terminate employees based on their own ability, achievement, experience and conduct and other legitimate business reasons.