- Automotive Group
- Industrial Group
- Career Areas
- Working Here
- Social Impact
- Students & Grads
The Quality Specialist is the subject matter expert on matters pertaining to Motion Industries’ ISO 9001 certified Quality Management System (QMS). The Specialist has extensive knowledge and experience in creating, documenting, and improving the quality system at the corporate level to ensure continued compliance with International Standards of Organization (ISO) requirements. The Specialist is a program expert in ISO 9001 QMS and serves as an internal auditor and facilitator of continuous improvement activities that keep Motion’s QMS compliant to governing standards. This role helps create and maintain policies and procedures for the organization as they pertain to quality functions, and provides training, coaching and assistance to teammates and branch sites to assist in achieving expected outcomes. This role provides direct assistance and guidance to Motion’s branch locations in responding to QMS inquiries and other quality matters that impact a customers’ perception of service in product quality and delivery. Motion offers an excellent benefits package which includes options for healthcare coverage, 401(k), tuition reimbursement, vacation, sick, and holiday pay.
- Provides support for the maintenance, documentation, and compliance of Motion’s QMS to guiding standards and procedures.
- Communicates QMS requirements and system compliance information to internal and external stakeholders. Expresses ideas and observations in a clear, confident, and concise manner.
- Develops audit plans and objectives within an established timeline.
- Performs internal audits of the company’s QMS to assess compliance to governing standards, policies and procedures, and other specifications.
- Reads, interprets, and applies specifications that govern and impact the company’s QMS to determine compliance with requirements.
- Observes, obtains, and assesses evidence to support audit conclusions. Identifies audit findings and explains to branch management and staff.
- Provides detailed reports and makes recommendations to management for corrective action.
- Evaluates and makes recommendations of improvement regarding internal processes as they relate to company policies and procedures.
- Drafts, reviews, or modifies (by approval) policies, procedures, and forms related to the QMS that will maintain currency to governing standards.
- Creates, maintains, and stores relevant documented information to show evidence of compliance to stated QMS requirements.
- Assists branch locations in fulfilling customer inquiries on matters related to the QMS.
- Creates reports, presentations, and charts to communicate performance metrics and other elements associated with QMS activities.
- Interacts as needed with GPC, HQ, Branch, DC, and Service Center personnel to resolve various issues.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- Typically requires a bachelor's degree in a related field and two (2) years of related experience or an equivalent combination.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES
- A solid background in Root Cause Analysis (RCA) and data-based analytics to find solutions to problems is preferred. Lean Six Sigma, 5-Whys or experience with other RCA tools is helpful.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, and Excel.
- A strong customer service orientation is required. Must be a team player committed to service excellence, willing to develop within the role.
- Basic project management skills, including time management, developing plans, taking initiative, and meeting deadlines.
- Critical thinking and problem-solving skills. Must possess a mindset focused on the principles of Continuous Improvement.
- Exemplary verbal and written communication skills with the ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships among a wide variety of employees at all levels of the organization.
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize and be responsive to requests.
- Ability to work in an effective manner, either independently or as part of a team. Reliable, organized, energetic self-starter, with attention to detail and dedication to produce high quality work.
- Must possess exceptional attention to detail, excellent analytical skills, and sound reasoning and judgment. Must be objective and logical.
- Strong ethical standards and a high level of integrity.
- Ability to travel up to 20% of the year – including internationally (Canada & Mexico).
GPC conducts its business without regard to sex, race, creed, color, religion, marital status, national origin, citizenship status, age, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, disability, military status, status as a veteran, or any other protected characteristic. GPC's policy is to recruit, hire, train, promote, assign, transfer and terminate employees based on their own ability, achievement, experience and conduct and other legitimate business reasons.