Customer Service Associate
As Customer Service Clerk, the job holder will be responsible for taking incoming calls from customers & processing those orders. Other duties listed below under responsibilities and will be asked to perform any other duties as assigned by management.
- Takes incoming sales order or general customer service inquiry phone calls from independent and local NAPA stores.
- Reviews and corrects coding for bills from HQ.
- Processes for correcting EDI or keys receipt of parts for incoming freight.
- Runs reports and reviews "old" open orders. Deletes old lines as necessary so parts can be reordered for DC stock.
- Researches results from jobber short paying DC, identifies and passes on to RGN clerk to do further research into each deducted item.
- Distributes month end AR statement to stores. Stores can get statement from Storefront but may also mail or email.
- Maintains miscellaneous account for transactions where funds are received from outside and then paid for various activities.
- Reconciles the bank account that all deposits go in to from local depository account to HQ's bank account.
- Keys class credit (parts coming back to DC) manually for stores as needed.
- Ensures orders are completed that are keyed and purchased as factory special order from suppliers.
- Generates weekly reports such as stockroom received but didn't " scan ship" product and customer potentially received product but did not get billed.
- Retrieves and distribute mail. Needs to come from stockroom in a timely manner. Also send out mail to stores as required.
- Performs filing as needed.
- Charge stores as needed for class pick up and handling.
- Makes claims to carriers for damaged freight.
- Issues credit to store for miscellaneous reasons as needed
- High School Diploma or equivalent work experience required.
- 2 years + of general office / clerical experience.
- 1 year of bookkeeping experience
- JD Edwards / PeopleSoft (AP/GL/Sales Order Entry/Customer Service Modules) experience is a plus
- Must be able to work in a team environment.
- Must be detail minded & self-motivated
- Must be able to problem solve, make decisions
- Must have excellent phone, follow up & communication skills
- Able to speak clearly and listen attentively.
- Must be self-motivated.
- Must have clear handwriting skills.
- Capable of recognizing and distinguishing letters and numbers (both visually and orally) and remembering their sequence.
- Must demonstrate professional business etiquette.
- Must know Internet Explorer/web navigation.
- Must know PC's / Windows (PDF, XLS, DOC, TXT, JPEG, BMP, GIF, TIF file formats).
- Must know Outlook. Must know Microsoft Excel (basic formulas and workbook set up).
- Must know Microsoft Word (including object insertion).
- Document management systems experience is a plus.
- Must know office equipment (copying, scanning)
- Regularly required to sit use hands to finger, handle, or feel reach with hands and arms and talk or hear.
- Occasionally required to stand, walk and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
GPC believes the fair and equitable treatment of employees, customers, suppliers and other persons is critical to fulfilling its vision and goals. GPC conducts its business without regard to sex, race, creed, color, religion, marital status, national origin, age, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability, military status, status as a veteran, or any other protected characteristic. GPC’s policy is to recruit, hire, train, promote, assign, transfer and terminate employees based on their own ability, achievement, experience and conduct and other legitimate business reasons.