- Automotive Group
- Industrial Group
- Career Areas
- Working Here
- Social Impact
- Students & Grads
Senior Project Manager
Iteration Management at Genuine Parts Company is an important part of the company’s adoption of an Agile and DevOps culture. The Iteration Manager is a servant leader for their respective development team. The successful candidate has a passion for Continuous Improvement and has experience facilitating the agile ceremonies for their respective team. This person will help the team cultivate a culture of learning and growth with a focus on metrics, the lean value stream, and quality as well as speed and efficiency. The ideal candidate will have experience in DevOps and Agile environments.
- Requirements include but are not be limited to the following:
- 3+ years of Iteration Manager or Agile Project Management experience
- Outstanding organizational, communication, and interpersonal skills
- Proven ability to drive issues to closure
- Proven experience in a large enterprise environment with multiple development teams
- Experience working with Kanban and Lean principles a major plus
- Experience with relative agile estimation (no-estimates forecasting or Monte Carlo experience is a plus)
- Experience with software development life-cycles (SDLC)
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
- Flexible and able to learn quickly in a dynamic environment
- Experience working with third party development and infrastructure suppliers
- Demonstrated knowledge of various technologies including applications, databases, networking, telecommunications, and connectivity
- Prior technical and application development experience is desirable
- Bachelor's degree in business administration (software development-related), computer science, or a related discipline with an information technology focus
- Organize/facilitate/oversee Agile ceremonies (daily standup(s), iteration/release planning, story kickoffs, showcases, retrospectives, etc.) for assigned development team(s) including resulting action items
- Coach project team members in Agile values, principles, and practices.
- Coach self-organization, cross-functionality, and project delivery.
- Define and manage agile metrics for the team to aid in the team’s continuous improvement
- Facilitates the investigation and resolution of production issues including facilitation of Root Cause Analysis and Post-Mortem meetings
- Manages and facilitates releases and production deployments
- Facilities long term planning for the team
- Assists team in managing dependencies on other teams (internal or external)
- Promote Agile practices where Agile has not yet been fully adopted and understood across the organization.
- Ensure accuracy of priority, content, and status of all story cards are managed and maintained.
- Ensures that backlog refinement is occurring during which prioritization and estimation are completed
- Stay in constant contact with other key personnel including but not limited to Project Management and Product Owners to ensure the highest priority items remain the primary focus
- Remove blockers to the project team progress
- Shield the project team from unnecessary distractions and interferences
- Keeps Project Management and Product Owners informed of the project team status and issues especially when the issues concern scope and time.
GPC conducts its business without regard to sex, race, creed, color, religion, marital status, national origin, citizenship status, age, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, disability, military status, status as a veteran, or any other protected characteristic. GPC's policy is to recruit, hire, train, promote, assign, transfer and terminate employees based on their own ability, achievement, experience and conduct and other legitimate business reasons.