Commercial Pricing Strategy Manager
Are you passionate about providing strategic pricing recommendations? What about driving profit expansion through pricing execution by collaborating with Sales Managers, Product Category Managers and Pricing colleagues to make effective decisions on pricing? If this sounds like you, we are looking for a dynamic Manager – Pricing Strategy to join our NAPA Headquarters Pricing team based out of our beautiful headquarters location in Atlanta, GA! This leadership role plays a major part on the pricing strategy team and reports to a very supportive Director of Pricing.
This Role may be for you if you:
· Know the importance of utilizing data to make pricing decisions and recommendations
· Enjoy developing effective partnerships across functions and can quickly learn the core drivers of the Genuine Parts Company financial model
· Excited about the exposure to senior leaders across functions and within our field and regional teams that affect pricing
· Love to be the “go to” resource for our leadership team for all things pricing and profit segments
Major ‘parts’ of this awesome role (what you’ll be doing):
- Lead internal and external data integration to drive quantitative business decisions
- Implement customer segmentation to better invest discounts
- Use elasticity modeling and unit lift analysis to optimize pricing
- Proactively recognize sales trends, propagating successes and quickly deploying corrective actions when needed
- Apply pricing guidance and pricing execution during store ownership transitions
- Recommend and quantitatively test pricing strategies and deploy successes
- Team player helping to build a continuous improvement culture
- Ensure field requests for pricing adjustments are evaluated and a replied to within 24 hours
- Intellectually curiosity to help improve business with an emphasis on time management
- Leverage the design / development of BI tools in support of business goals
- Strong communication and teamwork between Pricing and field management using visual management when possible
- Regularly report to senior management on progress and initiatives
What you will need to do really well:
- Profitability expansion (District, Product, Customer Segment)
- Implementable process improvements
- Frequent and consistent status updates
- Responsive to district requests and concerns (by next business day)
Skills you will need to bring to this role:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business or Mathematics related discipline; MBA or master’s in a math related field preferred
- Minimum 2 years’ of outside sales experience focusing on sustainable business opportunities
- Minimum 5 years’ relevant experience in B2B sales analytics, pricing or category management or sales operations
- Customer success advocate
- Excellent Business acumen
- Strong negotiating and influencing skills
- Excellent communicator written and oral
- Excellent PC skills including advanced MS Excel knowledge
And if you have these skills, even better:
- Qlik Sense
- SQL and relational database experience
- Microsoft Access and Visual Basic
- Alteryx data mining and analytics
- Lean and 6 sigma certification
- Automotive parts experience
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Team player, including across departments
What’s in it for you “The perks” (we know you want to know this):
- Great total benefits package!
- Company Culture of direct access to leadership team
- Awesome people and brand to work with
- Outstanding health benefits and 401K
- Stable company. Fortune 200 with a “family” feel
- A Culture of promotion from within, using your creativity, finding solutions/fixes, and where no 2 days or career paths are the same!
- Great training, and ongoing development with support from multiple leaders/your team
Day in the Life:
If this job sounds like a fit, please check out our NAPA Employee videos/stories to see if we are a fit for you! Our hopes are that the videos and stories either excite you to apply or maybe not so much – Either way we appreciate you stopping by today! https://www.napaautojobs.com/blog/
Please apply if you think this is a great fit for you! We will reach out to you if we find that you are fit for us.
Additional information for you:
NAPA has great careers for people with all backgrounds and interests. So, if after reading this, you don’t think that it is the perfect fit for you, check out a few of our cool day in the life career videos from our awesome employees by visiting NAPAautojobs.com. While on our career site, check out the many other diverse careers we offer as well.
Where permitted by applicable law, successful applicants must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 prior to start date. COVID-19 vaccination is a condition of employment, subject to an approved accommodation, and proof of vaccination will be required on or prior to start date.
GPC conducts its business without regard to sex, race, creed, color, religion, marital status, national origin, citizenship status, age, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, disability, military status, status as a veteran, or any other protected characteristic. GPC's policy is to recruit, hire, train, promote, assign, transfer and terminate employees based on their own ability, achievement, experience and conduct and other legitimate business reasons.