- Automotive Group
- Industrial Group
- Career Areas
- Working Here
- Social Impact
- Students & Grads
Disability/FMLA- Claims Team Coordinator
Summary Job Description
The Leave Management Team Coordinator performs assigned functions critical to the success of Leave Administration; including but not limited to customer and examiner support, case management training, medical management training, exception report processing, payroll processing and HR support for all Genuine Parts Company employees. This role will ensure consistent, high quality care and service is provided in a high-volume service center environment. The ideal candidate should have strong disability medical management experience, proficient in excel, effectively build relationships and embrace/support change.
- Subject matter expert for FMLA and Short-Term Disability
- Assist in the onboarding and training of new specialist by answering daily questions and partnering with the company trainer to conduct ongoing training as needed.
- Manage exception reports to ensure all claim actions are accurate and timely
- Review and resolve all escalations, completing all actions to ensure the escalation is resolved and the claim is accurate.
- Manage a reduced complex claim load determining disability in accordance with the summary plan description.
- Ensures disability decisions are accurate and appropriate by calculating benefits due, applying offsets and coordinating benefits.
- Work with Payroll and Benefits to ensure employees on applicable Leaves are paid accurately and are appropriate enrolled in benefits (as applicable)
- Facilitates return to work, discussing specific restrictions with physicians and communicating restrictions to appropriate parties
- Authorize return to work using physician documentation, departmental ability to comply with restrictions, and knowledge of the physical requirements of the existing job or alternate job
- Assist employees in getting back to work and receiving appropriate benefits according to Company policies and legal requirements
- Log all interactions in the case management system and/or leave management system
- Abide by documented standardized best-practice processes when handling inquiries, transactions and requests
- Ensure quality employee experience by using a professional and service-focused approach when handling all inquiries, transactions and requests
- Ensure employee privacy, including confidentiality and protection of sensitive employee reports or information
- Display dependability by being punctual and achieving an appropriate level of attendance
- Attend and participate in on-going training to support the ever-changing environment
- Demonstrate an ability to learn and actively seek out knowledge in a self-guided, keyword driven and document heavy knowledgebase
- As a member of the Service Center Management Team, interprets overall strategic vision and communicates overall message to team.
- Minimum five (5) years of experience managing FMLA/STD claims
- Knowledge of Leave of Absence regulations and legislation, including FMLA
- Superior Customer Service skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Proven ability to build effective relationships at all levels of an organization
- Exposure to HR and/or case management technologies (e.g., portal technology, case management, human capital management, etc.). Kronos Absence Management (or an alternative absence management technology) experience preferred.
- Strong problem solving and decision-making abilities
- Experience with HR administration and general exposure / knowledge of various HR functions (e.g., policy, compensation, employee relations, benefits, performance management, etc.)
- Proficient computer skills (Microsoft Word, Excel, Power Point)
- Team player with a positive attitude
GPC conducts its business without regard to sex, race, creed, color, religion, marital status, national origin, citizenship status, age, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, disability, military status, status as a veteran, or any other protected characteristic. GPC's policy is to recruit, hire, train, promote, assign, transfer and terminate employees based on their own ability, achievement, experience and conduct and other legitimate business reasons.