The Benefit Specialist is responsible for coordinating the enrollment and related administrative tasks of all Genuine Parts Company Health and Welfare benefits for active participants. Processes Benefits Administration and maintains data integrity. The Benefits Specialist will be considered the Subject Matter Expert (SME) in the benefit production areas.
- Assists Customer Service Representatives and Human Resources Managers with problem solving and claims/issue resolution.
- Oversees the daily functions of benefit processes/procedures.
- Provides customer service for the HR field and employee participants.
- Be the Subject Matter Expert and train new and current team on benefit processes.
- Maintains the Benefit Manager Queue in the imaging system
- Follow up with employees, HR managers, and insurance carriers on issues.
- Responsible for providing exceptional customer service in a high email/call volume.
- Works on error resolution with the benefit carriers.
- Acts as an operational resource to the HRIS Department when needed.
- Analyze daily benefit feeds to maintain system.
- Process queries on a daily basis.
- Troubleshoot issues and provide solutions.
- Special projects as assigned.
- Three plus years’ benefits experience required
- Problem solving and analytical experience required
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Knowledge of PeopleSoft Software and Microsoft Application preferred
- Strong sense of ownership and involvement and a commitment to providing exceptional customer service.
- Ability to troubleshoot issues as they arise.
- Must be detail-oriented and have excellent organizational and problem solving skills.
- Ability to work in a team environment as well as independently.
- Must have the ability to manage time and multiple projects efficiently and achieve required results.
- Must possess strong interpersonal skills and an ability to work and communicate effectively with all levels of operations.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook,).
- Ability to handle stress and meet deadlines.
GPC believes the fair and equitable treatment of employees, customers, suppliers and other persons is critical to fulfilling its vision and goals. GPC conducts its business without regard to sex, race, creed, color, religion, marital status, national origin, age, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability, military status, status as a veteran, or any other protected characteristic. GPC’s policy is to recruit, hire, train, promote, assign, transfer and terminate employees based on their own ability, achievement, experience and conduct and other legitimate business reasons.