Field Service Technician
Motion Industries has a position open for a Service Technician in our Portland, OR shop. The Field Service Technician performs moderately complex customer support activities for equipment and systems products such as hydraulics, component repair, welding, and relatively complex equipment.
- Performs on-site emergency repair, preventative maintenance, and installation on a 24/7 on-call basis.
- Responsible for the installation, diagnostics, repair and support for products that are installed and operating at customers' location.
- Determines when products should be upgraded or replaced.
- Provides technical support and training to customers on operational or maintenance aspects of system equipment.
- Serves as customer contact on technical and service-related problems.
- Works under direct supervision and follows detailed guidelines to work on moderately complex repairs and installations.
- Ensures that processes and environmental conditions comply with local and national regulatory agencies, and Motion's safety standards.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Typically requires formal technical training beyond high school and one (1) to (2) years related experience.
- Ability to read hydraulic schematics.
- Strong communication skills required.
- Ability to operate shop equipment safely.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.