- Automotive Group
- Industrial Group
- Career Areas
- Working Here
- Social Impact
- Students & Grads
Inventory Data Analyst
The role is to ensure all locations are properly managing inventory in order to maximize profits and customer service. This will be accomplished by consulting company representatives on proper business practices in inventory management and inventory operations including prevention, identification, and disposition of excess inventory.
Furthermore, a change agent for promoting new inventory disciplines and culture. In addition, they will work with cross functional teams to develop new programs to increase operational efficiencies based on studies of past, present, and future data trends.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities (include but not limited to the following):
- Enforce Company inventory policies and procedures in daily communication with field leadership.
- Understand data governance and control distribution of company inventory data points.
- Ensure full compliance of audit policies of Obsolescence Program and Physical Inventory / DC Mock Inventory.
- Find new insights and trends which will help identify and solve complicated supply chain problems.
- Create automatic dashboards using current or future tools.
- Collaborate with all areas of the supply chain to identify and understand inventory opportunities.
- Build simulation models which forecast outcomes of changes to policies or procedures.
- Deliver comprehensive reports in presentation and / or written form.
- Work with IT Department to enhance current and future inventory systems.
- Create and deliver critical inventory trainings
- Support excess inventory initiatives
- Active participant in the annual inventory business plan
Qualifications and Experience:
- 4 year degree in business, statistics, analytics, or equivalent field / work experience.
- Experience in managing projects.
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Access, Excel and SQL.
- Background in quantitative thinking and statistical data analysis.
- Strong analytical problem solving skills.
- Powerful presentation skills with advanced PowerPoint design knowledge.
- Experience with data BI tools (Tableau, Power BI, Qlik, etc.).
GPC conducts its business without regard to sex, race, creed, color, religion, marital status, national origin, citizenship status, age, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, disability, military status, status as a veteran, or any other protected characteristic. GPC's policy is to recruit, hire, train, promote, assign, transfer and terminate employees based on their own ability, achievement, experience and conduct and other legitimate business reasons.