- Automotive Group
- Industrial Group
- Career Areas
- Working Here
- Social Impact
- Students & Grads
Director, Product Management – Digital Commerce Platforms
Genuine Parts Company (“GPC” or the “Company”), founded in 1928 and based in Atlanta, Georgia, is a leading specialty distributor engaged in the distribution of automotive and industrial replacement parts and value-added services. The Company operates a global portfolio of businesses with more than 10,000 locations across the world. GPC has approximately 50,000 global employees. The Company has operations in the United States, Canada, Mexico, Australia, New Zealand, Indonesia, Singapore, France, the U.K., Germany, Poland, the Netherlands, Belgium, Spain and China.
Seeking world-class talent to join the world’s leading distributor of automotive and industrial replacement parts and value-added services operating 5,500+ locations and servicing more than 20,000 locations in the U.S and Canada. Specifically, this role will function as the Director of Product Management in Digital Commerce Platforms defining and creating innovative products at GPC. Working with a highly talented team, you will play a key role to build and run one of the world’s largest automotive and industrial replacement parts operations.
The Director of Product Management is a deep business expert in one or more industry areas. They are thought leaders around what is possible between customers, business, and technology. As a product leader, you align and foster collaboration across the organization to drive customer led solutions, as a part of a wider roadmap. If you are passionate and a seasoned product leader yearning to transform experiences for millions of customers and thousands of passionate associates, we are looking for you to join GPC leadership team.
The Director of Product Management is responsible for attracting, retaining and developing top talent focused on assessing market needs and inspiring cross-functional product teams to find the fastest way to achieve value around those needs. The Director of Product Management focuses on guiding and executing the delivery of business value to drive sales, improve efficiency and improve customer satisfaction through the production of quality products. Within their designated enterprise product line, the Director works closely with teams of developers, designers and business partners. They guide in-depth business reviews, communicate and present across all levels of the organization and support cross functional product teams.
The Director of Product Management leads the strategy to deliver quality products that add value. The Director is skilled and experienced in generating innovative ideas for growth within their respective areas and across the Product Management organization. The Director of Product Management must exhibit the ability to lead managers and their teams and drive change management and process improvement. The Director of Product Management often leads teams of Senior Product Managers that are responsible for higher-profile, more impactful products.
This Director role will oversee and be accountable for capabilities across Digital Commerce touch points related to top of the funnel customer experience which include, but not limited to, home page, browse, product listing, product details pages, content and associated platform common services to power up the experience. Examples of platform services include catalog, search, recommendations, and availability.
Responsibilities, & Key Accountabilities
Strategy and Planning
- Partners with functional and technical leaders to identify and plan capabilities necessary to meet short and long-term business needs
- Develops and executes strategic plans in support of key objectives in a timely and fiscally responsible manner
- Drives growth for the business by applying domain expertise to provide thought leadership and translate vision into action
- Informs and drives strategic alignment and partnerships with functional and technical peers and leaders
- Connects the dots across multiple levels and related functions to understand the business holistically
- Evaluates research and market analysis, meets with third party vendors, and maintains knowledge of industry innovations and technology platforms to inform strategy
- Establishes and nurtures strategic vendor relationships; influences vendors to align to domain, portfolio, and enterprise strategic objectives
Delivery and Execution
- Defines and communicates value propositions, OKRs, success metrics, and outcomes
- Develops, plans, and implements sustainable, repeatable, and reliable processes.
- Oversees process improvements
- Drives operational excellence to create internal customer satisfaction and meet operational metrics while prioritizing external customer needs
- Understands and articulates the value creation and business proposition to teams and functional partners
- Provides leadership, mentoring, and coaching to direct reports
- Manages and coordinates strategic direction for staff
- Attracts, retains, develops, and motivates top talent
- Conducts annual and mid-year reviews, reviewing individual development plans and providing performance feedback
- Fosters collaboration with team members (Engineering, UX, etc.) to drive value and identify and resolve impediments
- Acts as a proponent of modern software development practices
- Advocates for the end user and stakeholder by becoming associated with the product, empathizing with and understanding user needs
- Works with the product team to continuously assess progress, disseminate lessons learned, and understand next steps
- Manages cross functional team and stakeholder expectations to execute on product strategy and provides education to requestors to determine prioritization based on tangible benefits and/or user experience
- Guides more junior team members in strategy, alignment, analysis and execution tasks
- Participates in and contributes to learning activities around modern software design and development core practices (communities of practice)
- GPC has two work locations to choose from, Duluth or Atlanta office
- We offer a Flexible Work Policy that permits eligible employees to work remotely
- 10+ years of relevant work experience
- Industry recognition or significant expertise within Digital Commerce space
- Mastery of vision, problem solving, innovation and distilling simple actionable solutions
- Mastery of working as a leader of Product Managers in a modern software development-based enterprise environment and overseeing multiple products
- Mastery of modern software development product management practices and agile methodologies
- Mastery of working in a fast paced, fluid environment where priorities shift on a regular basis
- Mastery in communicating with and influencing functional and technical team members at all levels in the organization
- Mastery of working as part of a collaborative, cross-functional, modern software design and development team
- Mastery of identifying goals, metrics and analytics to measure product value
- Proficiency in developing omni-channel digital product discovery across B2C, B2B and stores
- Proficiency in creating, prioritizing and accepting user stories
- Proficiency in conducting competitive research and analysis
- Proficiency in guiding more junior team members through Product Management fundamentals in a professional setting
Standard Minimum Qualifications
- Must be eighteen years of age or older
- Must be legally allowed to work in the United States
- The knowledge, skills and abilities typically acquired through the completion of a bachelor’s degree program or equivalent degree in a field of study related to the job
- Most of the time is spent sitting in a comfortable position and there is frequent opportunity to move about. On rare occasions, there may be a need to move or lift light articles
GPC conducts its business without regard to sex, race, creed, color, religion, marital status, national origin, citizenship status, age, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, disability, military status, status as a veteran, or any other protected characteristic. GPC's policy is to recruit, hire, train, promote, assign, transfer and terminate employees based on their own ability, achievement, experience and conduct and other legitimate business reasons.