IT Product Specialist, Analytics
About Genuine Parts Company
Imagine going to work every day knowing that you are part of something special; part of something that matters and that makes a real difference. Imagine working for a company whose reputation for excellence paves the way for more success. Imagine being part of a winning team where people don’t just work ‘jobs’, they build long-lasting, highly-satisfying careers.
Genuine Parts Company (GPC) has risen to the top of our industry by understanding the needs of those we serve – our customers and our employees – and then working hard, and smart, to meet those needs.
The true source of that success is the effort, commitment and intelligence of our nearly 40,000 employees. Across all of our business units, in locations worldwide, the people of GPC have diverse backgrounds and talents. But it’s what we share that makes us unique.
Partner with team members in the Analytics Center of Excellence (ACE) and in the Enterprise Information Management department (EIM), along with business unit leaders, to do the following:
- Provide financial reporting that supports the company’s key initiatives
- Create ad hoc solutions that yield critical insights into operational strategies
- Support EIM in driving product development and project execution
- Serve as a subject matter expert on BI platforms and help align analytics across the organization
- Develop fluency in data assets that reside in the enterprise data warehouse (EDW)
- Demonstrate an understanding of the application of the information as it applies to lines of business
- Leverage the EDW resources to support the end-to-end design of reporting and analytics solutions
- Provide regular and ad hoc analysis on the following topics: distribution center operations, store operations, finance, human resources, marketing, national accounts, pricing, product, sales, and supply chain
- Work with other analysts in ACE and EIM to consolidate and automate reports, ensure consistency of information, and reinforce data integrity
- Serve as the primary analyst for assigned field operations
- Offer critical insight to the data governance team
- Aid ACE in establishing project ROI’s and enhancing the BI roadmap
Experience, Education, and Abilities:
- 5-7 years working in a data analyst role, ideally in a complex data environment.
- MBA from an accredited institution (or other advanced degree in economics, mathematics, finance, marketing intelligence or business intelligence) or equivalent experience required; CFA accepted
- Demonstrated and advanced proficiency with BI tools; preferably Qlik Sense
- Demonstrated and advanced proficiency with Microsoft Excel
- Demonstrated experience with data governance projects
- Demonstrated experience building cross-functional relationships and teams
- Demonstrated experience providing reporting and solutions to senior executives
- Advanced experience with database systems at an enterprise level; SQL experience a plus
- Uncompromising integrity and intellectual honesty; possesses courage and conviction to speak their position
- Highly self-motivated with a strong work ethic
- High level of financial acumen
- Work is performed in a typical office environment
- Minimal travel required
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.