Converting Machine Operator - 3rd Shift
The Converting Machine Operator will efficiently set up and operate one piece of converting equipment, such as the Beck, Clark Aiken power cutter, and the industrial laminator to produce materials within specified tolerances and quality standards.
This is a 3rd shift position. (10pm to 7am Sunday through Thursday)
- Perform job within rated production standards. Provide feedback to the Converting Supervisor or lead person when production standards are exceeded
- Assist in the monitoring of required supplies, materials and equipment. Fill out inventory use slips for stock material used in the performance.
- Package or prepare materials for shipment. Tag or label materials with required information and complete work orders and records as required
- Maintain equipment and work area in a clean and orderly fashion
- Transfer completed materials from the machine to skids, pallets, containers, etc. Repackage unused bulk stock to ensure proper storage and maintain cleanliness
- Select proper job supplies and verify that placed material conforms to order requirements; load onto or off machine or equipment, using care to align properly to prevent waste and best utilize materials. Report discrepancies to lead person or Converting Supervisor
- Perform all duties necessary to set up, adjust and operate one or more pieces of equipment as listed above and, with some assistance, operate other equipment to convert materials to established specifications.
- Ensure that all quality standards are met, tests performed and data collection/documentation completed as required by the Quality Program
- Other duties assigned, as required by the Converting Supervisor or Lead.
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent.
- One year production experience required
- Mechanical aptitude required
- Basic mathematical skills
- Strong verbal and written skills
- Problem solving skills
- Detail oriented and ability to multi-task
- Able to work in a team environment and fulfilling objectives with minimum direct supervision
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.