- Automotive Group
- Industrial Group
- Career Areas
- Working Here
- Social Impact
- Students & Grads
Hydraulic Supply Company is a division of Motion Industries. We are looking for a Repair Technician to support and enable the work group by providing services to recondition hydraulic components to factory specification for internal and external customers. Provide technical product fluid power knowledge. We offer an excellent benefits package that includes options for healthcare coverage, 401(k), tuition reimbursement, vacation, sick, and holiday pay.
This position is located in Pompano Beach, FL.
Support and enable the work group by providing services to recondition hydraulic components to factory specification for internal and external customers. Provide technical product fluid power knowledge.
- Disassemble, clean, and inspect components for repair.
- Determine necessary replacement parts and reconditioning procedures.
- Complete reconditioning installing new parts, reassemble, test, paint, stamp, and sticker.
- Retest completed assembly.
- Prepare job form listing parts and work necessary.
- Assist with field service work.
- Use a variety of hand tools (wrench, hammer, handsaw, pneumatic wrench, hand grinder, power drill, and calipers) and shop equipment (lathe, grinder, forklift, hydraulic shop press, welder, acetylene torch, pressure washer, drill press, band saw, parts cleaner).
- Design, fabricate, machine, and weld parts and components.
- Diagnose customer repair needs.
- Construct or manufacture replacement items to complete repairs.
- Applicant should be able to machine, assemble and or duplicate mechanical assemblies such as cylinder head glands and/or hydraulic cylinder’s pistons in steel, aluminum and brass.
- Greet, assist, work with, and enable industrial customers in the servicing of hydraulic parts or components through familiarity and knowledge of hydraulic component repair.
- Diagnose, repair, and assemble system components and recommend solutions to the customer.
- Perform general shop facility maintenance.
- Occasional use of HSC computer system to identify parts needed for repair.
- High School/GED required.
- Technical or vocational training preferred.
- Organization and planning of short and long term projects/assignments
- 1-3 years experience in industrial fluid power repair.
GPC conducts its business without regard to sex, race, creed, color, religion, marital status, national origin, citizenship status, age, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, disability, military status, status as a veteran, or any other protected characteristic. GPC's policy is to recruit, hire, train, promote, assign, transfer and terminate employees based on their own ability, achievement, experience and conduct and other legitimate business reasons.