- Automotive Group
- Industrial Group
- Career Areas
- Working Here
- Social Impact
- Students & Grads
Genuine Parts Company (“GPC” or the “Company”), founded in 1928 and based in Atlanta, Georgia, is a leading specialty distributor engaged in the distribution of automotive and industrial replacement parts and value-added services. The Company operates a global portfolio of businesses with more than 10,000 locations across the world. GPC has approximately 50,000 global employees. The Company has operations in the United States, Canada, Mexico, Australia, New Zealand, Indonesia, Singapore, France, the U.K., Germany, Poland, the Netherlands, Belgium, Spain and China.
Seeking world-class talent to join the world’s leading distributor of automotive and industrial replacement parts and value-added services operating 5,500+ locations and servicing more than 20,000 locations in the U.S and Canada. Specifically, this role will function as the engineer to build the next generation commerce platforms for GPC. Working with a highly talented team, you'll play a key role to build and run one of the world’s largest automotive and industrial replacement parts operations.
This is an engineering role with responsibility for enabling cloud transformation and execution for GPC’s unified Data platforms.
This individual must be a technologist & engineer at heart and be comfortable in enabling new technology and being hands on with the execution of the strategy. They must exhibit a deep understanding of modern technology stack and agile delivery models, demonstrated focus on customer experience, and must have a proven track record of modernizing technologies.
Close collaboration and alignment with business teams, application development teams and security will be required. As such, exceptional abilities in building and maintaining strong working relationships and organizational savvy will be required. High level communication and presentation skills are required. Ability to attract, retain, and develop engineering talent will be critical.
- The Data Engineer performs design, development and implementation of integration processes for both the Enterprise Data lake, Data Warehouse and Applications
- Analyzes requirements and existing resources to create efficient database and integration designs that meet company IT standards.
- Works with project and business analyst leads to develop and clarify in-depth technical requirements.
- Participates in all phases of the integration development lifecycle, including unit testing, quality assurance (QA) and ongoing support.
- Helps with Production support as needed
- Helps define and adheres to team working agreements
- Daily attend team standups and agile ceremonies
- Collaborate and work closely with other teammates to achieve team goals and outcomes
- Have a “test-first” attitude with a focus on automation
- Employ best practices around observability, monitoring, and system resilience
- Other duties as assigned
- GPC has two work locations to choose from, Duluth or Atlanta office.
- We offer a Flexible Work Policy that permits eligible employees to work remotely
Desired Qualifications & Experiences:
- Five or more years’ experience (preferred) in software engineering.
- Five or more years’ experience (preferred) in large scale RDBMS environments or Google BigQuery
- Two or more years (preferred) of Exadata experience OR Google BigQuery
- Four or more years (preferred) experience with Informatica PowerCenter or IICS
- One or more years experience (preferred) in Erwin
- Experience in code automation (e.g. pattern based integration)
- Experience in advanced SQL and PL/SQL techniques
- Experience in building re-usable Utility packages
- Experience with testing the code
- Focus on continuous improvement
- Experience in Unix shell and Python scripting
- Integration design & data modeling skills in Data lake and Data Warehousing environments
- Experience with Streaming technologies is a plus( STRIIM, Kafka, etc)
- Experience with other Informatica tools is plus – e.g., Metadata manager, Analyst, DVO, Data Quality
- Exposure to both on-prem and cloud Integration solutions
- Familiarity with non-relational DB technologies is a plus
- Experience with automated testing
- Experience with both batch and real-time patterns for integrations
- Ability to build and analyze complex integration workflows from heterogeneous data sources
- Experienced in large Enterprise Data Warehouse & Integration projects.
- Strong background in full lifecycle development using multiple platforms or languages.
- Ability to interact at a technical and non-technical level with Infrastructure, Network, Development, BA and QA teams.
- Development experience in high transaction/high availability systems.
- Experience with analyzing and recommending solutions for Production issues short-term and long term
- Degree in Computer Science or Engineering fields, or equivalent experience
GPC conducts its business without regard to sex, race, creed, color, religion, marital status, national origin, citizenship status, age, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, disability, military status, status as a veteran, or any other protected characteristic. GPC's policy is to recruit, hire, train, promote, assign, transfer and terminate employees based on their own ability, achievement, experience and conduct and other legitimate business reasons.