Compensation Analyst I
Compensation Analyst I
Under close supervision, the Compensation Analyst I will support development, implementation and administration of the company’s Sales and Variable Compensation programs and systems. The Compensation Analyst I will also assist with job descriptions, job classifications, benchmark compensation, and annual compensation plan documents. Consults with business stakeholders to understand their varying needs and complexities. Works with the HR team to ensure appropriate legal (FMLA, ADA, EEOC, FLSA, etc.) and Motion policy compliance. The Compensation Analyst I may make recommendations to the Compensation Manager regarding sales compensation plans, bonus plans, job descriptions, salaries, systems improvements and job classifications. Motion Industries offers an excellent benefits package which includes options for healthcare coverage, 401(k), tuition, reimbursement, vacation, sick, and holiday pay.
- Responsible for the communication, implementation, administration, and analysis of all sales and variable pay compensation programs.
- Consults and coordinates with management and staff in the proper classification of positions, interpretation of job classifications and the application of compensation policies and procedures.
- Assists in developing job evaluation and designing plans by performing research, preparing and analyzing data that reflects internal and external market considerations.
- Prepares job descriptions, recommends compensation and salary ranges and communicates recommendations.
- Aids in technical enhancements and implementation of new software and/or systems.
- Performs analysis to support the development, implementation, and administration of Motion’s sales and variable compensation programs and potential impacts.
- Drives ad-hoc analysis as assigned by leadership in support of business activities.
- Updates, implements and manages sales and variable compensation-related documentation.
- Provides analytical support and data analysis on benchmark data.
- Participates in monthly, quarterly and year-end payroll activities to ensure deadlines are met.
- Supports the HR team on as-needed basis.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES
- Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Excel.
- Excellent abilities on time management, flexibility and organization skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Possesses high level of integrity, ability to develop strong employee relationships, and desire to work in a team environment.
- Strong consultative, analytical, collaboration and problem solving skills.
- Ability to communicate confidently and accurately with all levels of the organization; daily interaction with sales representatives, sales management and executive leadership.
- Must be proactive, detailed/results oriented and possess strong ethical and accuracy standards.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- Typically requires a bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Finance, Accounting, Human Resources, Math or a related area and zero (0) to two (2) years of related experience. CCP, PHR/SPHR or other applicable industry recognized license preferred.
- CCP, PHR/SPHR or other applicable industry recognized license preferred.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.