- Automotive Group
- Industrial Group
- Career Areas
- Working Here
- Social Impact
- Students & Grads
Product Owner - Retail Merchandising
Genuine Parts Company (“GPC” or the “Company”), founded in 1928 and based in Atlanta, Georgia, is a leading specialty distributor engaged in the distribution of automotive and industrial replacement parts and value-added services. The Company operates a global portfolio of businesses with more than 10,000 locations across the world. GPC has approximately 50,000 global employees. The Company has operations in the United States, Canada, Mexico, Australia, New Zealand, Indonesia, Singapore, France, the U.K., Germany, Poland, the Netherlands, Belgium, Spain and China.
Seeking world-class talent to join the world’s leading distributor of automotive and industrial replacement parts and value-added services operating 5,500+ locations and servicing more than 20,000 locations in the U.S and Canada. Specifically, this role will function as the Product Specialist of a newly formed team, to build the Customer domain for the next generation commerce platforms at GPC. Working with a highly talented team, you'll play a key role to build and run one of the world’s largest automotive and industrial replacement parts operations.
The Product Specialist will be responsible for product requirements analysis as well as feature planning and execution to improve the customer experience. Close collaboration and alignment with business teams, application development teams and security will be required. As such, exceptional abilities in building and maintaining strong working relationships and organizational savvy will be required. High level communication and presentation skills are required.
- Drive the execution of the Retail Merchandising Domain roadmap by effectively documenting and communicating business requirements.
- Create specification documents of functional and non-functional requirements for new features, functionalities, and enhancements.
- Assist the Product Manager with prioritization and own refinement of the product backlog.
- Own components or features and drive story development and requirements analysis.
- Utilize regular and ad hoc reporting to monitor business KPIs and measure the effectiveness of product enhancements.
- Analyze issues related to changing trends, behaviors, or performance to identify root cause and determine solutions to address.
- Determine the impact of new functionality to existing business processes and system functionality. Ensure documentation (Stories, Acceptance Criteria, etc.) is of sufficient quality.
- Manage vendor partners to solve customer and business problems and collaborate to drive for new innovations in products and services that best meet business needs and strategy.
- Collaborate with cross-functional team members; business owners, product management, UX, Design IT, BAs, QA, operations, and vendors, to develop requirements.
- Perform acceptance testing of optimizations and new features to ensure requirements have been fulfilled.
- Identify, define, and document processes and procedures to improve operational efficiency of the team.
- Effectively, consistently, and proactively communicate issue status, and related information to cross-functional teams and at all levels.
- Maintain knowledge of current systems, applications, and functionality.
- Maintain knowledge of competitive landscape and digital innovations.
- Develop subject matter expertise of GPC’s brands, product lines, customers, and industries.
- GPC has two work locations to choose from, Duluth or Atlanta office.
- We offer a Flexible Work Policy that permits eligible employees to work remotely
Desired Qualifications & Experiences:
- Degree in Computer Science or Engineering fields or equivalent years of experience preferred
- 2+ years’ experience in scrum/agile development methodology.
- 2+ years’ experience participating in product backlog prioritization and grooming/refinement
- 2+ years’ experience with web analytics tools and using data to make decisions.
- Demonstrated experience with analytical and critical thinking skills; ability to use data to break down complex problems and formulate plans.
- Previous experience in building Retail Merchandising domain will be a plus
- Excellent oral and written communication
- Analytical and problem-solving skills
GPC conducts its business without regard to sex, race, creed, color, religion, marital status, national origin, citizenship status, age, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, disability, military status, status as a veteran, or any other protected characteristic. GPC's policy is to recruit, hire, train, promote, assign, transfer and terminate employees based on their own ability, achievement, experience and conduct and other legitimate business reasons.