PeopleSoft Security Administrator/Analyst
The PS Security Admin/Analyst will be responsible for maintaining the security roles and permissions within PS Financials application. Working with our Financial Shared Services, they will review and administer the requests as they come in from our Customers. The PS Security Admin will also be responsible for maintaining security & support for other financial applications like COSTAR, OBIEE, PHIRE. Another responsibility will be to work with our internal and external auditors to furnish the necessary security responses as required.
Along with the Security tasks, PS Security Admin/Analyst will also apply functional PeopleSoft knowledge to the design and customization of PeopleSoft and related applications to meet the company's requirements. Understands the content, processes and procedures associated with implementing and maintaining PeopleSoft. Writes functional requirements, develops and implements test plans, and works with production issues. Serves as subject matter expert associated in the PeopleSoft functional areas of PS Financials
This person will also be involved in helping with the support of some of these PS Financial applications modules - AP, ePro, AR, BI, GL, CM, PC & AM.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or other related technical field and/or equivalent combination of education and/or experience
- 5+ Years’ experience with demonstrated knowledge of PeopleSoft Financials Security
- 5+ years of Business Analysis experience
- 5+ years of experience in CM or AR PeopleSoft Financial modules
- 3+ years of experience in some of these PeopleSoft Financial modules – GL, AM, AP, PC
- Experience in writing Functional Design documents
- Changes approach or method to best fit the situation; considers target audiences for messages and adjusts presentation to accommodate audience familiarity with the topic, amount of detail to ensure understanding, sensitivity of the information, and degree of urgency involved.
- Demonstrates patience and self-control under difficult or adverse circumstances; handles stress well.
- Acts as a liaison to internal and/or external groups to ensure the sharing/exchanging of information required for organizational effectiveness.
- Probes for more information when appropriate; asks pointed questions of customers and others to uncover critical issues and concerns; restates ideas to confirm understanding.
- Demonstrate intimate knowledge, understanding and application of the impact that information systems have on the efficiency and effectiveness of the company.
- Identifies potential benefits in seemingly negative situations and emphasizes these when developing solutions; uses problem situations and their solutions to improve work processes.
- Conveys a curiosity and hunger for learning; makes efforts to improve skills in one’s own technical/professional area.
- Demonstrate a bias for action; focusing on achieving results/adding value rather than performing activities.
- Creates opportunities for clients to articulate, clarify, and prioritize their needs and issues.
- Reacts well under pressure; controls emotions in pressure situations; takes time to calm down and gain perspective before taking action; considers several methods of responding, then selects the best one.
- Uses clear, direct language when describing workflows and procedures; avoids overusing technical terms or company jargon; uses outlines to clarify the sequence of tasks and diagrams or charts to provide a visual picture of the process.
- PeopleSoft security administration
- User Setup
- Permission Roles/Lists Setup
- Row Level Security
- Query Security
- ChartField Security etc.,
- AD/LDAP integration security administration
- PHIRE application administration
- RPA application security
- Hands-on experience in writing SQL
- Gather requirements, build and present Compliance reporting to SOX and IT auditors.
- Must be able to quick grasp complex business processes
- Must have ability to build design documents based on meetings with Business and Development team
- Has a strong understanding of the content, processes and procedures associated with implementing and maintaining PeopleSoft Financials.
- Has strong root cause analysis and trouble shooting skills.
- Conduct detailed analysis with limited instructions and guidance. Focus on identifying the key problem before embarking on a solution; correctly identify the true problem versus one or more symptoms.
- Assess environment and identify areas for improvement; suggest solutions.
- Facilitate the process of gathering and documenting user/project requirements; Build FDD and work with Technical team to complete requirements.
- Must have strong functional knowledge of PS Financial Modules as well as the business processes that are required for each.
- Responsible for creating systems test plans and then ultimately performing systems testing for assigned change requests.
- Must be able to perform all levels of support of PeopleSoft in described areas to include understanding error messages, know how to identify data errors, and understand common processing errors
- Must have ability to build design documents based on meetings, JAD sessions or other requirements gathering tools, with developers and end-users
- Must have the ability to analyze current business processes and build current process model diagrams and make recommendations on changes to improve process
- Must be able to transfer knowledge to super users and operations management
- Familiar with interfacing large amounts of data into and out of PeopleSoft (2.5 to 3 million rows daily)
- Experience building Conversion processes to bring large amounts of Legacy data into the PS system (millions of rows per file)
- Must have proven, strong skills using SQL to review data to assist in problem solving.
- Must be proficient with Oracle Application Designer to review SQL code to aid in trouble shooting issues.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.