The Program Manager is a vital member of the team responsible for successful execution and delivery of projects across the IT organization and companywide using SDLC (Waterfall) and Agile/Scrum methodologies. Provide technical and professional assistance/guidance in the overall execution of the project. Including project planning, scope management, risk management, change management, budget and resource planning, cost estimation, tracking and issue resolution throughout the lifecycle of the project. Manages multiple projects at one time.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Manage multiple complexes, technology projects using SDLC (Waterfall) and Agile/Scrum methodologies.
- Rigorously mange scope to ensure commitments are achieved within agreed upon time, cost, and quality parameters.
- Develop and maintain cost-conscious and detailed project plans that meet organizational objectives and timelines for both technology solutions and business process improvement.
- Identify key project stakeholders both internally and externally, including vendors, and managing those relationships in support of a comprehensive approach to each project.
- Manage organization resources efficiently -time, people, and budget.
- Mange and communicate the status of active and pending projects to all stakeholders on a regular basis, including business stakeholders and technology teams.
- Successfully manage the delivery of projects including end-to-end management, from needs analysis and requirements gathering through development and user acceptance testing and training.
- Coordinate the work of technical professionals and other staff across other functions and disciplines.
- Establish work standards/procedures for project execution.
- Create strategies for risk mitigation and contingency planning.
- Mentor managers and team members in aspects of leadership, methodology, tools, and people skills.
- Develop Request for Proposals (RFP) and Return on Investment (ROI) documents.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- 10+ years of related experience in program, project and/or product management
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills, including establishing credibility and trust with cross functional team.
- Strong knowledge and understanding of project management techniques and tools.
- A problem-solver and decision maker with flexibility to adapt project scope to changing requirements and priorities.
- Ability to thrive in time sensitive, high energy, demanding environment.
- Mange project scope and deliverables through a structured change management process to ensure customer expectations are met.
- Excellent oral and written communication and presentation skills.
- Excellent analytical skills and ability to solve complex technical and business problems.
- Ability to influence, coach and transfer knowledge to key stakeholders across the company, in several technology disciplines.
- Oversee completion of project tasks, manage conflicts within group and escalate risks/issues as needed.
- Monitor and report on project budget.
- Lead post-mortem project reviews.
- Batchelor’s degree (preferably in Computer Science, Business Administration, or Statistics) or equivalent education and work experience
- Minimum of 10 years project management experience.
- Minimum of 5 years of work experience as relevant to Technology.
- Experience with standard software packages, such as Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio, and Project.
- Participation in full life cycle product development including design, development, documentation, training, and on-going support.
- Participation in packaged application implementation and integration.
- PMP Certified (preferred)
- Multiple Project Management certifications (preferred)
- Detail-oriented with strong problem-solving skills and the ability to identify, analyze, and resolve problems, driving solutions to completion.
- Ability to lead individuals of all levels and varying technical skills.
- Team player
- Ability to adapt to change and balance competing demand with a positive attitude.
- Ability to work under minimal supervision and manage multiple tasks/projects simultaneously, while meeting demanding timelines.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in written form, translating technical and business requirements bi-directionally.
Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, proportions, and percentages. Understanding of basic algebra.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form. Ability to organize and prioritize.
Must be able to understand the coordination of operating systems, databases, storage technologies, and networking, including but not limited to UNIX, Windows, DB2 and Informix databases.
Direct and oversee project teams.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
The noise level in the environment is moderate.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk.
The employee is occasionally required to lift up to 10 pounds. The vision requirements include: close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision and ability to adjust focus.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.