Engineer - Product
Rayloc is a Division of Genuine Parts Company which provides Engineering, Manufacturing, Procurement and Distribution of automotive aftermarket parts throughout North America. Headquartered in Atlanta, GA, Rayloc supports these services in four additional locations in the United States and works with a global network of suppliers.
This position supports the mechanical design and reverse engineering of automotive parts. These parts are generally, but not limited to, domestic and import vehicles braking and drivetrain systems, excluding engines and transmissions.
Candidate will perform product management and engineering, analysis and design tasks as it applies to the automotive aftermarket, specifically in braking and drivetrain systems. Candidate will need to possess knowledge of metrology and metallurgy to qualify product.Responsibilities
- Work with suppliers, procurement and cataloging departments in implementing new product releases
- Establish and maintain bill of materials (BOM) and parts catalog
- Formulating testing procedures
- Analyze alleged defects and part failures
- Review supplier quality management system (like ISO) documentation
- Maintain product change management systems
- Review mechanical drawings
- Bachelor's degree in an engineering discipline or similar or equivalent combination of education and experience
- 3+ years automotive product engineering on mechanical assemblies experience required
- Background in Tribology a plus
- Knowledge of Solidworks a plus
- Computer literate with strong skills in Microsoft Excel and Access
- Strong analytical skills
- Work generally performed in an office environment with minimal exposure to unpleasant and/or hazardous working conditions
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.