Inside Sales Representative
As the inside member of a territory sales team, this position is responsible and accountable, as a sales team member, for the attainment of territorial sales quotas and gross profit objectives by effectively managing a specific territory by telephone, working with the territory sales team (Outside Sales and Customer Service), and engaging all of Tekra's internal departments to insure continued sales growth and overall customer satisfaction.
- Meet or exceed established sales and coated product sales quotas.
- Monitor and maintain sales objectives for the territory. Take corrective action when needed.
- Develop leads into prospects and prospects into new accounts for the assigned territory.
- Follow-up on leads within the required time frame.
- Make outgoing sales calls as scheduled for the assigned territory and for prospecting in accordance with established guidelines.
- Make proactive cold calls to potential customers.
- Follow up on quotes, samples and orders within established guidelines.
- Work closely with the Field Sales and Customer Service Team members to exchange pertinent account information on a regular basis.
- Provide competitive information or new market potential to the Marketing Department.
- Introduce new products to viable accounts as they are rolled out.
- Represent the customers and communicate their needs to other departments throughout the company.
- Actively promote the use of Tekra's website to customer base.
- CRM and Territory Management
- Maintain an ongoing record of customer calls and contacts through CRM-Pivotal.
- Schedule regular out going sales calls to customers and to new prospects in pivotal.
- Link all pertinent customer related communications (internal & external) in Pivotal
- Be proficient in all areas of DataFlo and Tekra policies, e.g., order entry and quoting, etc and work to assist customer service where needed.
- Must perform all job duties per Tekra's ISO guidelines.
- Work with team members to manage and monitor territory's blanket orders to insure timely release of material.
- Take an active role in setting territorial objectives and developing action plans to achieve hose objectives.
- Participate in sales-related trade shows, meetings and customer visits as requested.
- Maintain proactive relationships with appropriate vendor representatives (3M, DuPont, Sabic).
- Perform special duties assigned as requested by your sales manager.
- Abililty to read and comprehend work orders, ISO procedures, purchase orders, business reports and technical information.
- Ability to communicate orally in one-on-one situations to vendors, customers, and associates.
- Ability to present information to audiences and respond to questions.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide to calculate measurements such as length, width, weight, etc.
- Ability to compute percent and interpret graphs and charts.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to interpret and carry out instructions furnished in written, oral or schedule form.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions.
- Ability to operate a variety of standard office machines, such as personal computer, photocopier, calculator, etc.
- Ability to multitask and work with interruptions.
- Ability to work with difficult customers, vendors and others in stressful situations by telephone and correspondence.
- Ability to maintain high degree of confidentiality.
- Knowledge of spreadsheet software, possess analytical and budgeting skills, accurate and attentive to detail, budgeting, decision-making abilities, based on appropriate data, sound judgment.
- Negotiation, prioritization, research, self-motivation, strong organizational, computer and time management skills.
- Sales aggressiveness, disciplined, goal-oriented, creativity and ability to learn Tekra product line and services.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Ability to write business correspondence and reports.
- Strong telephone skills. Creative, innovative and a good problem solver.
- Typing/keyboard skills are required. Sales skills are required.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.