- Automotive Group
- Industrial Group
- Career Areas
- Working Here
- Social Impact
- Students & Grads
eCommerce Requirements Analyst
eCommerce Requirements Analyst
The eCommerce Requirements Analyst will work with internal and external customers to determine the needs of a project, acting as a liaison between managers, stakeholders, and software development teams. Daily activities include analyzing requirements for a project, addressing gaps, and determine how to translate the Customer’s vision into a plan that can be implemented by developers.
Listen and document Customer and eCommerce requirements.
- Ultimately candidate will understand the users’ goals for the new system/enhancement and then define functional and quality requirements that allow project managers to estimate, developers to design and build, and testers to verify the product.
- Qualified candidates must know how to keep up with the latest web analytics software and search engine rules. This knowledge will help guide software development teams to implement best SEO practices into their code base while improving the Customer journey experience.
Support the Digital Product Manager efforts to define the project’s business requirements.
- Research and document existing, supporting business processes or define potential new business process that may be necessary for project implementation.
- Once a full understanding of the customer ideas is verified, the Analyst will document clear specifications that will guide the software team’s work.
- Qualified candidates can decompose high-level business and user requirements into functional requirements or user stories.
Facilitate Prioritization to broker collaboration among the various other projects at work and developers to ensure that the right audience is making the proper decisions on prioritization for software release cycles.
- Must be highly organized, technically-minded and an excellent communicator
- Expected to present clearly to a variety of people including internal and external stakeholders.
- Good listener. Active listening involves eliminating distractions, maintaining an attentive posture and restating key points to confirm your understanding.
- Sometimes you must drill down from high-level information into details. In other situations, you’ll need to generalize from a specific need that one user described to a set of requirements that pertain to a whole group of users.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills. You must be able to get people with competing interests to work together, and you should feel comfortable talking with individuals in diverse job functions and at all levels of the organization.
- Demonstrated ability to thrive while productive on multiple, simultaneous projects.
- A bachelor’s degree is the minimum requirement.
- 1-3 years of experience in an eCommerce business environment.
- Customer-facing experience preferred.
GPC conducts its business without regard to sex, race, creed, color, religion, marital status, national origin, citizenship status, age, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, disability, military status, status as a veteran, or any other protected characteristic. GPC's policy is to recruit, hire, train, promote, assign, transfer and terminate employees based on their own ability, achievement, experience and conduct and other legitimate business reasons.