- Automotive Group
- Industrial Group
- Career Areas
- Working Here
- Social Impact
- Students & Grads
The Account Representative drives sales, identifies, and generates opportunities for
various types of customers. This role fosters customer satisfaction by maintaining
customer contact and managing customer expectations. The Account Representative
provides education of Motion Industries products through technical presentations.
• Increases revenue and profitability through generation of new business and further
development of existing accounts.
• Generates new leads by networking, cold calling, researching various directories and
• Routinely interacts face-to-face with customers to foster strong relationships and
• Understands complex requirements from customers for preparation of customized
• Delivers effective sales presentations and ensures technical requirements are met.
• Assists with on-site troubleshooting of customers' concerns.
• Works with and coordinates vendor resources to build relationships and support sales.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
Typically requires a high school diploma or GED. Typically requires industry and sales
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES
• Knowledge of industrial products: power transmission, hydraulic, pneumatic, and
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• A proficient understanding of key sales principles and best practices.
• Ability to influence customers, while maintaining healthy relationships.
• Ability to take initiative and work with limited direction.
• Ability to multitask and manage time well.
• Ability to use Microsoft Office.
GPC conducts its business without regard to sex, race, creed, color, religion, marital status, national origin, citizenship status, age, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, disability, military status, status as a veteran, or any other protected characteristic. GPC's policy is to recruit, hire, train, promote, assign, transfer and terminate employees based on their own ability, achievement, experience and conduct and other legitimate business reasons.