- Automotive Group
- Industrial Group
- Career Areas
- Working Here
- Social Impact
- Students & Grads
Territory Inventory Modeler
NAPA Auto Parts has an exciting new opportunity available for a supply chain minded individual to support our independently owned stores. Focused on profitable inventory management, the Territory Inventory Modeler will provide store owners with inventory guidance that maximizes sales and accounts for business goals, market demands, and science of predictive analytics. The right candidate will have high energy, a natural inclination toward service, and the ability to form strong relationships with our Territory Sales Teams, Distribution Center Management Teams and Independent Store Owners.
- Models inventory assortment for all independent stores served within a geographic region surrounding a NAPA Distribution Center.
- Researches prior selling history, incorporates knowledge of new product lines, develops inventory model by location, and communicates result to owners.
- Acts as the primary point of contact for inventory assortment modeling for the independent owner.
- Meets on a regular basis to discuss market trends, actual inventory movement, and incorporates feedback in modeling.
- Acts as inventory assortment subject matter expert for independent owners and sales group that supports them.
- Answers inquiries regarding methodology used to model inventory, represents ownership to company-wide modeling discussions, and ensure proper functioning of modeling application.
- Collaborates with the field sales to ensure a consistent message to independent owners regarding product mix, functionality, and value.
- Provides insight, opportunities, and reporting as needed.
- Collaborates with division inventory management to understand territory trends, owner profiles, order acceptance, and application usage.
- Ensure company-wide initiatives are employed for supported local ownership.
- Works with distribution center management to develop communications on sales promotions, scheduling, round completion, pulling results, and general updates.
- Works regularly with supply chain to provide support and services to stores.
- Assists in development, testing, and support of new features for the modeling application, reporting bugs and issues as needed.
- 2 - 3 years inventory modeling or supply chain experience is required.
- Bachelor degree in business, marketing, or equivalent experience required.
- Strong technical proficiencies:
- Store experience helpful but not required
- Strong understanding of automotive parts, theory and product relationships
- Possesses strong communication, collaboration, and presentation skills including:
- Ability to work autonomously without daily direction including problem solving and customer service motivated decision making abilities.
- Ability to manage a revolving, project-based workload adjusting to both internal and external diversions leading to items being completed timely and accurately.
- Strong analytical skills
- Demonstrated business acumen and consultative selling skills
- Ability to think critically to identify a problem, research the possible causes, and fix or route to the proper resource to fix it.
- Work is performed in a typical office environment.
- Ability to travel when called upon.
GPC conducts its business without regard to sex, race, creed, color, religion, marital status, national origin, citizenship status, age, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, disability, military status, status as a veteran, or any other protected characteristic. GPC's policy is to recruit, hire, train, promote, assign, transfer and terminate employees based on their own ability, achievement, experience and conduct and other legitimate business reasons.