Cost Financial Analyst
The Cost Financial Analyst is responsible for providing financial information and support to the EIS Fabrication & Coating division. This position will determine product costs, review manufacturing variances, conduct financial analyses, monitor expense levels and manage/support projects within the Fabrication & Coating facilities. This position is based in New Berlin, WI with occasional travel to other locations as needed.
- Works as a partner with Operations Management by communicating financial and cost accounting information that will drive business decisions. Provide timely, proactive analysis and data relevant to driving continuous improvement in Operations.
- Ensures product cost information is accurate. Reviews any variance between standard cost and actual cost of material received from vendors, reviews production variances to ensure labor time required and amount of material to produce a product is accurate; updates system costs when vendors announce a price increase.
- Monitors and updates overhead, machine and labor rates.
- Reviews monthly material price variance report and makes any necessary journal entries.
- Plans and forecasts financial information for the manufacturing facility.
- Prepare month-end close entries.
- Prepare monthly detailed Scrap and Reserve for Inventory reporting.
- Ensures proper internal controls are in place and functioning to minimize risk throughout the operation. Works with Management and Internal Auditors as necessary to ensure compliance.
- Works with IT to provide accurate and timely systems business data.
- Assists the Fabrication & Coating Controller with financial reporting, transaction accounting work, and projects as needed.
- Assist others departments with various financial and cost reporting and projects as needed.
- Requires a Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting and 1-5 years of related experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Demonstrated ability to perform complex financial analyses and to project anticipated results.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
- Experience and fundamental knowledge of a manufacturing environment is required.
- Advanced EXCEL user, Pivot tables, VLOOKUP, etc.
- ERP system experience is required.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.