- Automotive Group
- Industrial Group
- Career Areas
- Working Here
- Social Impact
- Students & Grads
Quality Control Technician
Motion Fluid Power Solutions is a division of Motion Industries. We are seeking a Quality Control Technician to join our team in our Greenfield, IN location.
We are a leading provider of fluid power products and highly engineered systems. Basic focus of our business is hydraulic and pneumatic applications and electric control systems. We are committed to providing our customers with the right solutions, focusing on their needs, and exceeding their expectations. Our people are the foundation of our success.
Our Quality Control Technicians work to ensure that our manufactured products and systems are built to the highest level of quality. Our Greenfield, IN facility is a certified ISO 9001 location.
- Perform in-process or final inspections and/or testing of critical assembly tasks or components.
- Prepare inspection plans for new production.
- Identify and report document discrepancies in the production process.
- Identify and report non-conforming material in process.
- Understand, comply and monitor current quality procedures and requirements throughout production.
- Understand, comply and monitor current safety policies and regulations throughout production; report unsafe practices to manager.
- Train Production staff on proper use of equipment and procedures.
- Document problems and changes encountered in production, implement corrective action and/or training plans as needed.
- Two-year technical degree or minimum four years related work experience.
- Advanced knowledge of electrical panel building and assembly.
- Manufacturing knowledge of processes and electrical equipment such as Programmable Logic Controllers (PLC), electro-mechanical controls, motor controllers, conveyance, etc; is not required but highly desired.
- Knowledge of Fluid Power principles (hydraulics and pneumatics) is highly desired.
- Experience interpreting mechanical and electrical drawings, instruction manuals, bill of material parts lists, specifications, and other technical documents.
- Knowledge of standard inspection tools such as multi-meters, loop calibrators, RTD simulators, micrometers, calipers, gauge blocks, dial indicators, etc. with effective safety, testing and measurement techniques and procedures; attention to high voltage is required.
- Technical and electrical/mechanical problem solving.
- Basic knowledge or understanding of Quality Systems and manufacturing regulations.
- Fluent in English, verbal and written.
- Able to collaborate and work with others.
- Ability to work on your feet for extended periods of time (2 continuous hours or more) while remaining alert and focused.
- Requires the ability to bend, stretch, lift and handle materials up to 30 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move up to 75-100 pounds.
- Tools used require all extremities, including digits of the hands.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and ability to read color coding - must be sighted and not color-blind (including being able to distinguish various shades of the same color).
- Must be able to have 20/20 vision (use of glasses or other vision correction is acceptable).
GPC conducts its business without regard to sex, race, creed, color, religion, marital status, national origin, citizenship status, age, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, disability, military status, status as a veteran, or any other protected characteristic. GPC's policy is to recruit, hire, train, promote, assign, transfer and terminate employees based on their own ability, achievement, experience and conduct and other legitimate business reasons.