- Automotive Group
- Industrial Group
- Career Areas
- Working Here
- Social Impact
- Students & Grads
HQ Autotech Training Developer
Do you love cars, trucks and all things automotive aftermarket? Do adult learning programs and creating quality and effective training content bring excitement to you? If this sounds like you, we are looking for an Autotech Training Developer to join our Autotech Training team! This dynamic role supports our AutoCare, Major Accounts and Independently Owned NAPA Stores by developing dynamic training solutions! We are looking for someone who can not only develop and execute training, but also show results of improved customer experience, enhanced relationships and improved sales for these customers that we serve. We really need someone who can use their passion and development of training to get customers to embrace and be excited about Autotech training to drive strong business results. This awesome role plays a major part on our Autotech Training team and reports to a very supportive Autotech Program Training Manager.
This Role may be for you if you:
- Have developed training content that is focused on product, equipment operation, and comprehensive development of technical skills related to automotive, truck, tools and equipment.
- Enjoy and know the importance of developing quality training content on time/budget.
- Creating training solutions that are measured by participation and increase training participant numbers
- Developing quality communications that excite and inform your intended training audiences and report this information back to your Managers and training participants
- Love and have lead adult learning programs
- Enjoy developing effective partnerships with not only your training audience, but with the Training team.
- Love to be the “go to” resource/creative mind for training teams for all things related to automotive training content
Major ‘parts’ of this awesome role (what you’ll be doing):
- Assesses and determines NAPA Autotech audience training needs by interviewing, conducting advisory input sessions, surveys and on-site visits with managers, store owners, employees, associates, customers, suppliers and external resources.
- Identifies and utilizes appropriate internal and external subject matter experts in the assessment, development and review process to ensure training solutions support best practices and desired business results.
- Identifies and employs quality, effective and affordable training development resources to produce needed training solutions.
- Maintains existing training solutions using current training techniques and technology.
- Utilizes effective technology for development, production and delivery of training solutions and tools (software, Internet, webcasts, simulations, virtual reality, etc.).
- Training solutions should be customer driven through needs assessment and formal survey methods.
- Establishes and tracks effectiveness metrics of training solutions during and post implementation and utilizes data to adjust approach or for update considerations.
- Utilizes review process to ensure technical accuracy of all material.
- Coordinates communication and administrative duties related to curriculum development.
- Establishes and reinforces responsibilities and accountabilities for NAPA Autotech training instructors and other subject matter experts to assist with curriculum development and execution.
- Works closely with other APG / NAPA departments, suppliers, field sales teams and resources as well as customers to align training solutions with APG initiatives.
- Seeks industry experts and qualified resources to author and collaborate on specific training solutions.
- Follows best practice assessment, development, pilot, execution and evaluation of training solutions.
- Follows best practice formatting and publishing techniques that result in quality reflective of NAPA standards.
- Develops and maintains effective, structured, progressive and executable curriculum tracks for intended audiences and utilize appropriate learning development tools, Learning Management System and other software and technology available.
- Seeks opportunities to be engaged with industry and training groups.
- Performs other duties and activities as assigned. For example, involved with initiatives such as: ASE, the Automotive Training Group, AAA, etc.
Skills/background you will need to bring to this role:
- 5 - 7 years of experience in sales, sales training, parts or wholesale customer operations, training program development
- Large project management experience and use of PM tools
- Undergraduate degree in related fields preferred
- Previous experience in large organization in a training/learning environment
- Proficient in MS Office software -Word, Excel, PowerPoint, learning development tools (Articulate, Captivate, video, audio and graphical programs, etc.)
- Willing to travel
And if you have these skills, even better:
- NAPA product line knowledge is a plus (not a deal-breaker if you don’t)
What’s in it for you “The perks” (we know you want to know this):
- Remote work
- Year-end bonus program
- Use of company vehicle
- Cell-phone stipend
- Great total benefits package!
- Company Culture of direct access to leadership team
- Awesome people and brand to work with
- Outstanding health benefits and 401K
- Stable company. Fortune 200 with a “family” feel
- A Culture of promotion from within, using your creativity, finding solutions/fixes, and where no 2 days or career paths are the same!
- Great training, and ongoing development with support from multiple leaders/your team
Day in the Life:
If this job sounds like a fit, please check out our NAPA Employee videos/stories to see if we are a fit for you! Our hopes are that the videos and stories either excite you to apply or maybe not so much – Either way we appreciate you stopping by today! https://www.napaautojobs.com/blog/
Please apply if you think this is a great fit for you! We will reach out to you if we find that you are fit for us.
GPC conducts its business without regard to sex, race, creed, color, religion, marital status, national origin, citizenship status, age, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, disability, military status, status as a veteran, or any other protected characteristic. GPC's policy is to recruit, hire, train, promote, assign, transfer and terminate employees based on their own ability, achievement, experience and conduct and other legitimate business reasons.