- Automotive Group
- Industrial Group
- Career Areas
- Working Here
- Social Impact
- Students & Grads
Senior Front End Engineer
IT - SENIOR ENGINEER - FRONT END
Founded in 1928, Genuine Parts Company (GPC) is a service organization engaged in the
distribution of automotive replacement parts, industrial replacement parts and materials, and
business products. Our products and services are offered through a network of over 3,100
operations located throughout the United States, Canada, Mexico, Australia, New Zealand,
Singapore, Indonesia, France, the U.K., Germany, and Poland.
GPC generated over $16B in revenue in 2017 and has increased dividends to shareholders
for 63 straight years. To help continue the growth in revenue and dividend payouts, the
Commerce platform is being developed to meet the needs of our business. This platform
will be the leading edge software solution in the industry helping stores manage sales,
inventory, receiving, pricing, replenishment, accounts receivable and accounts payables.
We're also changing culture. The team is utilizing Agile, Lean and Devops best practices to
define how we work and communicate. Our goal is to share our wins that will lead to best
practice changes throughout the organization.
- Six or more years’ experience in software engineering with a focus on UI technologies and frameworks
- Experience Unix/Linux and Shell Scripting
- Experience with React and/or React Native
- Experience with Continuous Integration tools
- Experience with Microservices Architectures
- Strong background in full lifecycle development using multiple platforms or languages.
- Experience working in Agile/Lean environments and cross-functional product teams.
- Experience with XP Programming practices such as TDD and Paired Programming
- Experience partnering with UX while developing their UIs
- React / React Native experience
- Vue.js Experience
- Back end microservice dev experience is a plus
- Mobile App Dev and CI / CD experience
- Mobile user auth experience
- Mobile device management experience possibly
- AWS / Cloud experience
- Maintain, develop and support non-prod and production systems
- Ability to coach, mentor and pair with other team members on best practices
- Helps define and adheres to team working agreements
- Participates in all phases of the integration development lifecycle, including unit testing and ongoing support
- Daily attend team standups and agile ceremonies
- Code, test and deploy the requirements detailed in the team user stories
- Collaborate and work closely with other teammates to achieve team goals and timelines
- Excellent communication skills (both verbal and written), including facilitation and team leadership skills
- Proven ability to provide strong problem-solving skills.
- Must be self-motivated and know when to seek guidance
- Must be flexible, be able to change priorities quickly, and handle multiple tasks concurrently
- Individual must be a self-starter and capable of working independently as well as part of a team
- Capable of learning new tools and technologies.
- Capable of working independently and in a team.
The Application Developer will work on a cross-functional, agile delivery team that owns and supports software to support the critical business functions at GPC. They are responsible for the development of code and the processes and practices that support a high quality product like XP Programming practices and Test Driven Development. The Application Developer will have a “test-first” attitude with a focus on automation. And the Application Developer will employ best practices around observability, monitoring, and system resilience.
GPC conducts its business without regard to sex, race, creed, color, religion, marital status, national origin, citizenship status, age, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, disability, military status, status as a veteran, or any other protected characteristic. GPC's policy is to recruit, hire, train, promote, assign, transfer and terminate employees based on their own ability, achievement, experience and conduct and other legitimate business reasons.