Senior Director, Technical Accounting
The Sr. Director provides technical accounting guidance to the Company’s Executive Management, Subsidiaries, and accounting departments on complex business transactions.
The Sr. Director remains current on new and proposed accounting pronouncements and directs the team on performing research and developing appropriate accounting recommendations as well as being responsible for managing the relationship and requirements of the Company’s external auditors.
- Ensures the Company’s books and records are maintained in compliance with the SEC, US GAAP and International reporting requirements
- Performs/Reviews technical accounting research and provides appropriate accounting guidance to GPC Senior Management, Subsidiary personnel, and field operations regarding complex business transactions
- Monitors activities of accounting rulemaking bodies and recommends appropriate treatment to conform to such pronouncements
- Oversees team in identifying underlying accounting issues and recommends appropriate treatment of transactions within the GL system and ensures the company’s accounting policies are consistently applied
- Actively involved in the following areas:
- Intercompany transactions
- Acquisitions and divestitures
- Foreign Currency
- Month end close
- Audit findings
- Internal accounting controls, including Sarbanes Oxley (SOX)
- Assists with defining and designing the Company’s policies, systems and processes to ensure compliance with new and upcoming accounting pronouncements and that the company’s assets are properly safeguarded
- Works with legal department in interpreting SEC rules and regulations
- Extensive involvement in all aspects of Treasury operations including program design and accounting treatment.
- Prepares written communications on the Company’s position on certain complex accounting issues for Executive Management and external auditors
- Acts as liaison with external auditors on defining and implementing proper accounting treatment
- Directs team with account analysis and research and participates in preparing and reviewing required reporting to governmental regulatory agencies
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor degree or MBA in Accounting
- 15 years general accounting experience
- Big 4 experience required
- CPA or equivalent
- Advanced knowledge and expertise in technical accounting and evaluation skills
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Strong analytical skills and problem-solving abilities
- Proficiency in leading teams and organizing US and global conformity and reporting efforts
- Strong work ethic
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.