Account Representative (Outside Sales) - Industrial Automation Distributor
BRAAS, a division of Motion Industries and a leading distributor of industrial automation components, seeks a sharp technical person to sell and promote BRAAS products in the South FL. East Coast Area. Minimum of a 2 year technical degree preferred, strong interpersonal skills, related experience in industrial automation sales and/or engineering, familiar with fluid power, motion control and machine design a plus. Light travel. Note that this position will be located in the South FL East Coast Area. Motion Industries offers an excellent benefits package that includes options for healthcare coverage, 401(k), tuition reimbursement, vacation, sick, and holiday pay.
This position is for the South Florida Region.
- Ensure customer relationships are positive and deep within all accounts
- Create materials for and conduct sales presentations to customers
- Prospect for new customers
- Ensure customer service requirements are met
- May be required to be on-call nights or weekends, depending on need
- Generate new business with new or existing customers
- Ensure technical requirements for the customer are met
- Assist with on-site troubleshooting of customers' concerns
- Routinely interacts face-to-face with customers to foster strong relationships and maintain satisfaction may handle customer returns
- Work with local customers to identify, quote, engineer, and close product and solution sales
- Provide technical support as required ?
- Work with Branch Manager to provide business planning to reach product and sales goals
- Work with and coordinate vendor resources to build relationships and support sales
- Personally accountable for time allocation and priorities to reach goals and applying efforts to high ROI opportunities
- Maintain appropriate relationship with key suppliers
- Good customer service and communication skills
- Reliable, organized, detailed and focused
- Industry and sales experience
- Moderate computer skills, including communicating internally and externally via email
- Work experience in Microsoft Office proficiency in Excel
- Ability to multitask and manage time well
- Knowledge of supply chain systems
- Knowledge of industrial automation products: robotics, vision systems, motion control, sensing, PLC's and pneumatic systems
- High School Diploma or GED
- Good driving record
GPC believes the fair and equitable treatment of employees, customers, suppliers and other persons is critical to fulfilling its vision and goals. GPC conducts its business without regard to sex, race, creed, color, religion, marital status, national origin, age, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability, military status, status as a veteran, or any other protected characteristic. GPC’s policy is to recruit, hire, train, promote, assign, transfer and terminate employees based on their own ability, achievement, experience and conduct and other legitimate business reasons.