PIM Solution Architect, Digital Content Services
About Genuine Parts Company
Imagine going to work every day knowing that you’re part of something special; part of something that matters and that makes a real difference. Imagine working for a company whose reputation for excellence paves the way for more success. Imagine being part of a winning team where people don’t just work ‘jobs’, they build long-lasting, highly-satisfying careers.
Genuine Parts Company (GPC) has risen to the top of our industry by understanding the needs of those we serve – our customers and our employees – and then working hard, and smart, to meet those needs.
The true source of that success is the effort, commitment and intelligence of our nearly 40,000 employees. Across all of our business units, in locations worldwide, the people of GPC have diverse backgrounds and talents. But it’s what we share that makes us unique.
The Digital Content Services (DCS) department of Genuine Parts Company is seeking a Solution Architect. This position is focused on the Product Information Management (PIM) and business analytics initiatives for the DCS team. The Solution Architect will work closely with Senior Software Developers, Business Analysts and Product Owners to deliver a robust PIM platform that meets the business requirements.
The primary duties and responsibilities of the Solution Architect are listed, but not limited to the following:
- Engage with relevant stakeholders to understand requirements.
- Lead problem solving workshops and come up with innovative, efficient and scalable solutions adhering to the best practices.
- Demonstrate expertise and add valuable input throughout the development lifecycle.
- Configure, build and unit test STEP components, including data structures, roles, workflows and portals
- Conduct and assist in design and code reviews, unit and integration testing.
- Suggest and implement process improvements.
- Derive relevant business insights using data analytics and enhance the PIM processes.
- Resolve reported issues and reply to queries in a timely manner.
- Remain up to date on all current best practices, trends, and industry developments.
- High levels of initiative and creativity.
- Mentor colleagues in STEP implementation activities and best practices
Experience, Education, and Abilities:
- Bachelors or Masters in a technology driven or quantitative field of study – Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering, Mathematics, Physics, etc.
- In lieu of a 4-year degree, 5+ years of significant and relevant hands-on software development experience would be considered.
- Extensive PIM experience with demonstrable accomplishments in STEP platform upgrades, data modeling, Web-UI development and data migration.
- At least 5 years of experience in Project life cycle activities on development and maintenance projects.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in technical development, configuration and deployment of Stibo STEP modules like workflows, business rules, integration end points and WEB-UI’s.
- Strong PIM hands-on architecture, design, and development skills in STEP Trailblazer 7 and above platforms.
- Full-cycle implementation of Stibo Systems STEP PIM in a leadership role.
- Experience in identifying and implementing process improvement opportunities.
- Experience in Automotive Domain and familiarity of industry standards like ACES and PIES is a plus.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Excellent written, verbal, listening, communication and interpersonal skills.
- Knowledge of statistics and regression concepts accompanied with working knowledge of MS Excel.
- Strong abilities in data exploration, data manipulation, and data visualization.
- Working knowledge of data analysis tools like R and Tableau is a plus.
- NoSQL databases like Mongo or Cassandra is a plus.
- Data analytics certification is nice to have.
- Ability to work in team in diverse/ multiple stakeholder environment.
- Ability to learn and support new systems and applications.
- Able to identify and resolve issues quickly.
- The ability to work in an energetic and fast paced environment.
- Goal-oriented attitude and demeanor to work through road blocks and bring about resolution.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.