Braas Company, a division of Motion Industries, is seeking a Buyer to work in their Salisbury, NC location. We are seeking a self-motivated individual with experience in managing procurement and inventory to join our amazing team as a Buyer at Braas Company. We offer an excellent benefits package that includes options for healthcare coverage, 401(k), tuition reimbursement, vacation, sick, and holiday pay.
- Procure products from a predefined list of suppliers
- Review inventory recommendations as well as product needed to fill customer orders
- Overall management of assigned inventoried lines by reviewing inventory parameters regularly and making the appropriate changes, updating committed stock requirements, requesting new items be set-up, reviewing overstock and making vendor returns, keeping up-to-date with the manufacturers they are assigned (i.e. be aware of current pricing, quotes, new products, promotions, etc.)
- Resolve shipping discrepancies and invoice mismatches as required
- Develop and maintain a good working relationship with all suppliers and the manufacturer reps of assigned lines
- Globally provide various services in support of the purchasing department as a whole, business unit (department) and branch as needed
- Personable, well organized, detail-oriented and thorough
- Strong math skills are required
- Ability to function well within a team and yet be self-motivated required
- Good time management skills and the ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously is a must
- Fast and accurate computer related skills are important to the job and knowledge of industrial supplies is a plus
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.