Sr. Quality Assurance Engineer
Responsible for development, management, execution, and maintenance of automated test scripts and frameworks, defect reporting and management with the ultimate goal of ensuring high quality of Motion IT applications, as measured by post-production defects.
- Provides input as to the direction of automated testing, standards, processes, tools, and metrics.
- Develops prioritized test plans for Motion applications. Makes appropriate recommendations as to solution architecture.
- Defines, develops, executes, and documents automated test scripts and cases utilizing a full range of tools and processes, automation frameworks, software development languages, and database tools.
- Logs defects discovered into defect repository, and reports test findings to project team members for corrective action.
- Works with project team members to understand system logic, requirements, features, and identify reasons for script failure.
- Proactive in working with Application Development teams to assign Document Object Model (DOM) elements with identifiable attributes.
- Uses software quality principals to review and analyze functional requirements, architectural overviews and other proposed system specifications to ensure requirements are complete, accurate and testable. Documents traceability of test cases to requirements/features.
- Consults with Application Development staff on execution of automated scripts to help perform unit testing.
- Keeps abreast of emerging technology and trends in automated test development and provides recommendations to management.
- Develops, executes, maintains, and reports automated test suites and frameworks
- Contributes to each phase of Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) primarily through regression and unit testing
- Performs application system performance monitoring of both Test and Production platforms/environments
- Ensures all test results are properly documented, and captures all relevant information.
- Follows Quality Management process as described in company IT Policy and Procedure Statements (MPPS), to ensure all module and system testing meets requirements
- Provides daily and release-based reports that detail the results of test execution, defects found, and issues encountered with scripts
- Support the software development release cycle, ensuring proper testing is completed on new releases in a timely and accurate manner
- Responsible for keeping stakeholders (IT Project Managers, Application Developers, Business Process Owners, etc.) and IT management informed of testing status and defects discovered
- Ensures applications are functional, reliable, and responsive through automated testing
- Ensures that application business rules, associated logic, and application development security best practices (per OWASP top 10) are adhered to within systems, as part of the QA testing process
- Adheres to Quality Assurance principals, standards, and industry best practices
- Researches and evaluates software automation tools and techniques
- May coach and mentor more junior staff and contract employees
- Makes recommendations as to improvements of the QA process
- Responsible for following policies and procedures, software testing guidelines, and best practices for software development
- Identifies and makes recommendations as to short and long-term cost savings opportunities
- Frequent communication with QA Director, QA staff, Application Developers, and Project Managers for reporting the status of testing and status of modules in development
- Frequent interaction with QA Director and QA Test Leads for testing status updates, progress reporting, and overall coordination of testing activities
- Works closely with both QA and Development groups to assure quality products
- Assists Application Development in the use of automation tools for unit testing
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Minimum of 7+ years with hands-on development of Automated Tests and Frameworks focused on RESTful services/APIs
- Minimum of 5+ years’ experience in software development and system design.
- Expert level experience in setting up test automation frameworks.
- Experience with automated testing tools/frameworks such as Rest Assured, JaxRS, Cypress, Cucumber, Appium is required.
- Experience with structured application development and change control methodologies.
- Experience integrating tests into CI/CD frameworks and pipelines.
- Experience with Jenkins, Maven, Git, Gitflow or similar tools and processes highly desirable.
- Experience with relational database methodology as well as methods for accessing and validating of data via SQL.
- Good verbal and written communication skills, attention to detail, and the ability to work in a team environment.
- Experience working in Agile and hybrid Agile environments required.
- Experience working in TDD, ATDD, and/or BDD a plus.
- BS degree in Computer Science, MIS, or related degree is required.
- Experience with VersionOne preferred.
- Software Quality (CASQ or CSQA) and/or Software Testing (CAST or CSTE) Certifications a plus.
Where permitted by applicable law, successful applicants must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 prior to start date. COVID-19 vaccination is a condition of employment, subject to an approved accommodation, and proof of vaccination will be required on or prior to start date.
GPC conducts its business without regard to sex, race, creed, color, religion, marital status, national origin, citizenship status, age, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, disability, military status, status as a veteran, or any other protected characteristic. GPC's policy is to recruit, hire, train, promote, assign, transfer and terminate employees based on their own ability, achievement, experience and conduct and other legitimate business reasons.