NAPA is a Parts Store and So much more! We are driven to have the best people on our team to get the right parts to the right place at the right time! NAPA’s culture is a place where “no 2 days are the same” and we are driven by finding the fix no matter what situation! We must ensure that that we have the right talent in place at our beautiful Atlanta, GA headquarters to offer fantastic support to all. To do this, we are looking for a wonderful talent to join our NAPA team as a Compensation Analyst to support not only our Headquarters Teams, but also all of our NAPA field locations. This is an amazing opportunity for the right person and will report directly to a very supportive Director of Compensation!
Is developing and analyzing reports your thing? Do you like to offer recommendations based on the data that you have discovered? If your answer is yes, then this is the perfect role for you! You will develop and analyze reports related to all forms of employee compensation, demographics, turnover, and other HR related areas and then use this data to recommend a course of action. You will provide support for headquarters and also in NAPA field locations for Talent Assessments, Internal Performance Reviews, and the administration of the annual merit increase process.
This is the right opportunity for you if:
- Enjoy a culture where “No 2 days are the Same”
- Love all things compensation and data/solutions are exciting to you
- Building and analyzing reports are easy for you
- Are able to work across many departments (field locations & headquarters team)
- Enjoy finding a better way to do things and awesome solutions!
A Day in the Life:
- Providing analytical support for compensation functions including but not limited to geographic market reviews, hourly progression rate changes and annual increase recommendations
- Talent Quest Assessment administration – annual salary planning and performance reviews (mid-year and year-end)
- Timely analysis and delivery of HR data related to headcount, turnover and other human capital related statistics
- HQ bonus administration, tracking, and payments, job evaluation, market pricing and salary recommendations
- Administers, provides support for and oversees annual salary planning, performance management, and goal-setting processes. Collaborates with systems administration to ensure data feeds are accurate, trains employees and field admins on system functionality, and participates in future functionality development efforts as needed.
- Administers company incentive plans; responsible for pay plan templates and initial payment calculations for HQ plans. Creates bonus templates for headquarters employees, distributes, and maintains signed copies. Tracks new hires, promotions, transfers, terminations, and sends updates as needed for signature and filing.
- Maintains, edits, and consults with field regarding DC/store bonus templates. Ensures latest templates are available on company intranet site.
- Manages the job evaluation process to ensure internal equity and external market competitiveness. Conducts job benchmarking using comparative salary survey data.
- Provides salary survey submissions as needed and requested.
- Researches questions regarding match appropriateness.
- Performs market pricing activities including utilizing online market pricing tool, generating a recommended salary range.
- Participates in salary surveys when necessary. Provides promotion/new hire recommendations as needed. Ensures job codes in market pricing tool match codes in use.
- Assists with pay range/rate updating, analyzes competitiveness of pay ranges/rates, including mandatory minimum wage adjustments.
- Maintains job description database for all company positions. Audits descriptions on periodic basis to ensure accuracy and ensures complete descriptions are available for HQ and field use (e.g., for job postings). Works with parent company to request and modify job codes.
- Prepares routine and ad-hoc reports and presentations on demographic profiles, turnover, headcount etc. for internal HR management and department leadership.
- Manages databases, works with the ESC to ensure data integrity, and performs trend analyses on historical pay, turnover, recruiting, headcount, etc.
What you’ll need:
- 1-3 years’ experience working as a Compensation Analyst
- Bachelor’s Degree, or equivalent experience, required.
- Previous experience with online market pricing tool.
- Excellent HRIS (preferably PeopleSoft) skills, particularly with queries
- Expert excel skills required and must be proficient with other MS Office Products: Word, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
- Working knowledge of compensation principles and practices for broad-based salaried and hourly compensation programs.
- Direct experience with analyzing large, complex data sets and interacting with relational databases. Ability to develop recommendations to management levels.
- Adaptable, resourceful and able to work in fast moving environment.
- Excellent verbal, written communication skills and strong attention to details.
- Ability to deal with multiple issues simultaneously with a sense of urgency and to work effectively in ambiguous situations while maintaining a positive attitude
- Ability to work independently with minimal direction/supervision.
- Must maintain confidentiality, discretion, and integrity
- Work performed in a typical office environment and no travel is anticipated
Why NAPA may just be the right place for you:
- Awesome people and brand
- Outstanding health benefits and 401K
- Stable company. Fortune 200 with a “family” feel
- Company Culture that works hard, yet takes care of employees
- Opportunity for accessing multiple career paths, ongoing development, with support from leaders and your team
Additional information for you:
NAPA has great careers for people with all backgrounds and interests. So, if after reading this, you don’t think that it is the perfect fit for you, check out a few of our cool day in the life career videos from our awesome employees by visiting NAPAautojobs.com. While on our career site, check out the many other diverse roles we have as well.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.