- Automotive Group
- Industrial Group
- Career Areas
- Working Here
- Social Impact
- Students & Grads
The Expeditor is accountable for obtaining goods/services required by the organization. This role serves as liaison between shipping/receiving department and external areas such as inventory control, order support, and sales service to ensure rush orders are processed in a timely and accurate manner. Motion Industries offers an excellent benefits package which includes options for healthcare coverage, 401(k), tuition reimbursement, vacation, sick, and holiday pay.
**This position can also be located in Sun Valley, CA, Poway, CA, Salisbury, NC, Oldsmar, FL or Park Hills, KY.
- Communicates with suppliers about the status of supplies.
- Submits purchase orders to vendors informing the buyers of information they have recovered.
- Prepares priority list for Warehouse.
- Responsible for getting shipments closed, reworking issues, inspection problems, meets shipment deadlines.
- Addresses any problems that arise regarding missed deadlines.
- May be responsible for the actual packing and shipping of rush orders.
- May be expected to develop process improvements, including recommendations for system, policy and procedure enhancements.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- Typically requires a high school diploma or GED.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES
- Personable, well organized, detail-oriented and thorough.
- Strong math skills.
- Problem-solving skills.
- Ability to function well within a team and yet be self-motivated required.
- Strong time management skills and the ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Fast and accurate computer related skills.
- Knowledge of industrial supplies is a plus.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
GPC conducts its business without regard to sex, race, creed, color, religion, marital status, national origin, citizenship status, age, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, disability, military status, status as a veteran, or any other protected characteristic. GPC's policy is to recruit, hire, train, promote, assign, transfer and terminate employees based on their own ability, achievement, experience and conduct and other legitimate business reasons.