Copy Writer Web & Rich Product Content
This role provides a unique opportunity for a digital professional with a writing background to help grow a content production team, play an important role in helping to connect with customers, and grow digital organic traffic and revenue for the NAPA brand within Genuine Parts Company. This person will be a member of the Automotive Parts Group digital department and will serve a key role on the Content Production Team. As a Copy Writer, this employee will partner with their manager, SEO specialists, editors and others in ecommerce, product and marketing to implement site content strategy and make learning about and buying auto parts, tools and accessories an easy and fun process.
- Create meaningful content that is engaging for clients, and drives business
- Write product and category content and long and short form articles and other content
- Create SEO titles & descriptions that are appealing to the consumer and are structured to boost site rankings
- Optimize content for SEO, based on keyword priorities
- Thoroughly edit and proofread all copy before submission
- Move at a quick pace meeting weekly, and monthly content goals
- Maintain our brand voice and editorial standards across all content
- Add formatting, headlines, and hyperlinks to finished content using HTML or CMS tools
- Add images and other components to enhance user experience
Content Strategy & Planning
- Work with team to plan efforts and ensure timely publication
- Conducting research and generating ideas for new, relevant, and timely industry-related topics
- Develop subject matter expertise of NAPAs brands, product lines, and customers
- Maintain knowledge of competitive landscape and digital innovations.
- Effectively, consistently, and proactively communicate project and issue status
- Help with the continuous improvement of the content production and publication processes
Requirements / Qualifications
- Bachelor's degree in journalism, communication, marketing or other relevant area
- 3+ years experience in writing copy, proofing and editing
- Knowledge of content strategy and content creation processes including copywriting/editing and web production processes
- Working knowledge of online marketing, advertising and ecommerce
- 3+ years’ experience using an enterprise web-content publishing systems (hybris preferred)
- Proven experience with HTML, word and excel
- Knowledge of search engine optimization best practices and techniques.
- Experience with SEO tools is a plus: Brightedge, SEMRush, etc
- Excellent task management, communication and collaboration skills
- Ability to learn quickly and keep up with a fast-paced content production processes
- Ability to meet tight deadlines while working independently to manage multiple projects
- Experience working with multi-language web sites
- Experience / interest in cars or the automotive aftermarket is a plus
Where permitted by applicable law, successful applicants must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 prior to start date. COVID-19 vaccination is a condition of employment, subject to an approved accommodation, and proof of vaccination will be required on or prior to start date.
GPC conducts its business without regard to sex, race, creed, color, religion, marital status, national origin, citizenship status, age, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, disability, military status, status as a veteran, or any other protected characteristic. GPC's policy is to recruit, hire, train, promote, assign, transfer and terminate employees based on their own ability, achievement, experience and conduct and other legitimate business reasons.