Procurement Intern (Merchandising) - Summer 2022
Are you ready to spend your summer as a part of something special? Imagine being with a company whose reputation for excellence paves the way for endless success. At Genuine Parts Company (GPC), people build long-lasting, highly satisfying careers and make a real difference in the community.
Our 11-week summer internship program will be in person in Atlanta (some remote work days available) and run from May 23, 2022 – August 5, 2022. We are looking for several Procurement Interns who will rotate through various teams within the Procurement department while learning about a global distribution organization.
Creates and implements sourcing strategy and guidelines in support of company retail development, specifically around procurement of shelving, fixtures, display cases, etc. for product display in stores. Works with store reset and new store development groups to coordinate procurement of supplies, scheduling of delivery, and installation as needed.
Position Performance Measures:
- Number of retail store resets completed on schedule
- Number of impact stores completed on schedule
- The following section contains the primary responsibilities for this position. Job holder is responsible for performing any other duties as assigned by management.
- Reviews existing contracts on a regular basis to determine if more favorable terms and/or prices can be obtained. Meets with vendors to discuss, revises contracts as necessary, and ensures contract terms are adhered to.
- Tracks and reports key functional metrics to reduce expenses and improve effectiveness. Monitors performance against agreed-to contract performance levels, addresses with vendor any shortcomings, and initiates remediation efforts if performance is unsatisfactory up to, and including, contract cancellation.
- Monitors current orders and prepares contingencies in the event of problems arising that would affect the delivery date.
What’s in it for you:
- Participate in biweekly Lunch and Learn events with company leaders
- Attend a Braves game and volunteer time with fellow interns
- Explore the history of the company through a multi-day orientation, complete with a tour of the Atlanta Distribution Center
- Present your summer project to fellow interns and GPC executives
What you'll need:
- Experience creating presentations, documentation, and visual aides
- Knowledge of Excel, reporting, and trends
- Passion for strategic business communication
Additional information for you:
GPC has great careers for people with all backgrounds and interests. So, if after reading this, you don’t think this is the perfect fit for you, check out the list of other opportunities we have at jobs.genpt.com.
Where permitted by applicable law, successful applicants must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 prior to start date. COVID-19 vaccination is a condition of employment, subject to an approved accommodation, and proof of vaccination will be required on or prior to start date.
GPC conducts its business without regard to sex, race, creed, color, religion, marital status, national origin, citizenship status, age, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, disability, military status, status as a veteran, or any other protected characteristic. GPC's policy is to recruit, hire, train, promote, assign, transfer and terminate employees based on their own ability, achievement, experience and conduct and other legitimate business reasons.