Motion Industries is seeking a Systems Programmer to maintain the integrity, performance and availability for all z/OS, z/VSE, and/or z/VM mainframe systems software; to install, administer and provide problem resolution support for the mainframe system software and third party productivity tools.
We are looking for someone in the Dallas, TX area. This position will be from 3:30PM – 12:00 AM and is subject to change based on volume.
Motion Industries offers a competitive benefits package, which includes health care coverage, 401(k), tuition reimbursement, adoption assistance, vacation and other leave options.
- Install, configure, and maintain all 3rd party z/OS, z/VSE and z/VM software products
- Identify and ensure documentation of major systems support processes
- Develop and recommend systems software
- Support installation/de-installation of all hardware devices for the mainframe systems
- Develop, document, implement and maintain disaster recovery procedures
- Keep abreast of the latest technical developments and trends in our z/OS, z/VSE and z/VM systems support, management, administration and performance
- Monitor and tune z/OS, z/VSE, z/VM mainframe systems to ensure good performance, reliability and availability at the lowest possible cost
- Provide excellent customer service that will support and enhance Company operations
- Maintain key vendor relationships
- Develop and/or maintain internally developed systems software.
- Provide support for our Web Infrastructure software on both mainframe and Linux environments
- Provide capacity planning and management for the z/OS, z/VSE and z/VM systems
- Provide capacity planning and management for all data storage systems
- High school diploma or equivalent required – college degree preferred
- Minimum four years experience administering and maintaining z/OS and/or z/VSE and z/VM systems software and program products
- Experience with either Linux, DB2, WebSphere MQ, RACF, and WebSphere Application Server is preferred
- Experience with disaster recovery implementations on z/OS, and/or z/VSE and z/VM
- Should possess strong written and verbal communications skills
- Should possess strong analytical and problem resolution skills
- Will be required to participate in 24 x 7 on-call rotation
- Must read and certify understanding of Motion Industries “Computer Security Ethics and Compliance” on an annual basis.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.