Director of Financial Planning & Analysis - Conveyance Solutions
Director Financial Planning & Analysis – Conveyance Solution
The Director FP&A – Conveyance Solutions’ principal responsibilities are to partner with, and support, Conveyance Group Executive Leadership by providing proactive, thought-provoking, value-adding insight into Group financial performance; and contribute world class financial leadership and resources to drive the achievement of both Motion Industries and Conveyance Group goals. The Director FP&A – Conveyance Solutions will identify opportunities and drive decision-making by collecting, managing, analyzing, and disseminating financial information and analyses. They will drive positive change, contributing to increases in market share, margins and productivity; while improving efficiencies to reduce costs and manage assets.
- Mentor, coach and evaluate Conveyance Solutions FP&A team
- Set goals and related priorities; coach and develop team members
- Establish and monitor appropriate employee performance objectives, introduce best practices and process improvements
- Establish and maintain consistent cadence of period performance and development discussions with team members
- A go-to business partner of the Conveyance Executive Leader
- Proactively seek out opportunities to increase business knowledge and create visibility within the organization
- Actively participates in Group and Division meetings
- Establish strong partnerships with operational leaders to support the strategy and business decision-making
- Lead the development of metric-driven financial analysis
- Provide fact-based cost analysis, including standard cost analysis, fixed/variable cost analysis, and other ad-hoc variance analysis
- Oversee the provision of timely communication of actionable insights and understanding of variations versus plan and forecast on all financial metrics and key performance indicators
- Lead the preparation of Group level monthly, quarterly, and year-end financial Statements
- Lead the identification and documentation of costing processes and procedures
- Lead strategic initiatives focusing on operational efficiency and improvements
- Benchmark against industry peers and provide insights for improvement opportunities
- Drive efficiencies in transactional processes
- Oversees review of account reconciliations, analyses and related journal entries
- Approval of significant non-standard journal entries posted to Group financials
- Review of quarterly adjustments and other significant estimates
- Support Finance Leadership in the design, maintenance and presentation of budgeting & forecasting process; collaborate with leadership in all aspects of financial support, project analysis and modeling
- Partner with other Finance leaders in developing and/or improving accounting processes & documentation, recommending changes that lead to the adoption of world class processes
- Supports Acquisition Integration team with the analysis and onboarding of conveyance acquisitions
- Partners with both internal and external business partners such as with Treasury, Financial Shared Services, IT, and others to develop, optimize and maintain processes and solutions
- Other Ad Hoc projects as assigned by the VP Finance FP&A
- Professional, executive presence with excellent interpersonal skills, including the ability to interact with management at corporate and field levels
- Strong negotiation and partnership skills, across all levels of management, with ability to influence and challenge decisions and processes.
- Demonstrated knowledge of manufacturing standard costing and variances
- Forward-thinking in implementing tools and techniques to improve analytics, driving better business decisions
- Self-motivated and able to independently manage multiple responsibilities concurrently
- Strong analytical skills and the ability to propose positive business solutions to problems.
- Excellent leadership skills—driver of results, developer and coach of people, influencer of peers
- Excellent communication skills, verbal and written
- Ability to collaborate within a team, managing the team dynamics and relationships
- Ability to manage data between multiple systems
- Experience with PeopleSoft General Ledger or similar ERP and Blackline.
- Ability to travel as needed, up to 30%
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance required.
- CPA preferred
- Master’s degree preferred
- Five or more years of managerial finance leadership experience, preferably in a manufacturing company
- Proven costing and analysis experience, at the factory/plant/shop level
- Three or more years of experience in leading people
- Experience managing multiple ERP systems consolidated into one financial reporting platform
- Experience with managing multiple projects
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.