The Graphic Designer is responsible for maintaining consistent company image and brand recognition in all printed and digital projects across EIS which includes the Electrical & Electronic, Fabrication & Coating, and Cable & Connectivity platforms.
- Performs the designs, layout, production and organization of all print items, including, but not limited to the EIS Connection, other newsletters, directories, brochures, flyers, posters and various other projects.
- Organizes the printing timeline for printed pieces, including the time to prepare each piece, as well as overall monthly and annual timelines.
- Performs quote gathering, file gathering, quality control and proofing, and other miscellaneous items necessary for print production.
- Assists with the cooperative design and maintenance of the Intranet, web site and internal database (Filemaker), updating branch, employee, news and other miscellaneous information. Interfaces with and contracts outside print vendors and attending press checks.
- Performs a variety of technical support functions such as routing Webmaster emails, performing troubleshooting, purchase and installation of software and troubleshooting various peripheral equipment including copiers.
- Performs a variety of related administrative functions such as maintaining files of print material and invoices and organizing and distributing mass mailings.
- Bachelor's degree in Fine Arts, Graphic Design or a related discipline and over one year of related experience or equivalent combination of formal education/training and experience.
- Working knowledge of graphics design and printing processes and related equipment and software.
- Experience with Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator, Acrobat Pro) and Microsoft Office.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively and to troubleshoot problems.
- Ability to estimate time, materials and approximate costs for various jobs.
- Ability to prioritize work and perform with relative independence.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.