Conveyor Belt Fabricator
Apache, Inc. is a division of Motion Industries.
This position will perform various tasks involved in the production of fabricated conveyor belting for the Industrial Division which would include using hand tools and equipment to complete work orders.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Perform all necessary production work by reading and interpreting work orders and drawings to:
- Understand how to cut regular and step cut rolls per cut sheet provided.
- Operate large slitters to accurately slit belts to the desired width and length holding proper tolerances.
- Setup and operate rotary slitters to cut narrower width belts.
- Hand slit belts as needed.
- Square ends of belt and cut belts to proper length for further processing.
- Understand various types of lacing.
- Install all types of lacing using the proper machines and hand tools.
- Ensure that belts are within tolerance when laced.
WELD AND FABRICATE BELT
- Understand which glues and cleaners to use for the type of belt and application being used.
- Prepare and layout the belt for applying v-guides, cleats, sidewall, etc.
- Setup, adjust and operate different presses and welding machines.
MAKE DIE CUT PARTS
- Understand dies, punches and their uses to appropriately select them.
- Setup and operate clicker press to cut and punch parts.
- Complete quality control paperwork if required by OEM customers.
- Close out orders in the computer system.
- Check both incoming and outgoing shipments for accuracy and damage and report any abnormalities to supervisor.
- Load or unload trucks as necessary via forklift or other means.
- Label and put away incoming inventory and maintain record of locations if necessary.
- Attend safety, training and other informational meetings.
- Maintain a clean, organized work area.
- Perform basic upkeep on equipment and tools.
- Attend work regularly and predictably and uphold Company values in all work aspects.
Qualifications To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
High school diploma/equivalent and sufficient knowledge or experience to perform computer entries and industrial math and measuring and to read and understand work orders and prints.
Skills and Abilities
LANGUAGE SKILLS: Ability to read, analyze, and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions and drawings. Willingness to ask questions and communicate openly with superiors and peers. MATHEMATICAL SKILLS: Ability to read a ruler in standard and metric. Ability to add and subtract fractions and decimals and convert between the two. Ability to apply basic Geometry. REASONING ABILITY: Ability to solve practical problems and recognize non-conformances. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagrams or schedule form. OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES: Must work individually as well as part of a team to provide a high level of efficiency and productivity, while not sacrificing quality and safety. Must be able to set up and operate mechanical equipment as well as use power tools and hand tools safely. Must be able to attain an OSHA-certified forklift license.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee will utilize all required personal protective equipment and will occasionally work in hot, somewhat noisy conditions where material particles from grinding and other operations may occasionally be present.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand, use his/her hands with strength, coordination and precision and see details at close range. The employee is regularly required to bend, reach, push, pull, climb, talk and hear. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 50 pounds and infrequently lift up to 70 pounds.
This job description is intended to convey information essential to understanding the scope of the job and the general nature and level of work performed by job holders within this job. But, this job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of qualifications, skills, efforts, duties, responsibilities or working conditions associated with the position. Apache Inc. reserves the right to change, amend, add, delete and otherwise assign any and all duties, responsibilities and position titles as it deems necessary to meet the needs of the business.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.